Thanks Gloat

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gunny, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

44 bill!!! :eek:

2. Blazing Arrow

The R&D for the 360 has to be the main factor in that. I am sure the cost is allocated over several years which drives down profit.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Well, to be fair we heard that PS3 was losing 200 bucks per console or something like that a long time ago. Not sure how true it is.

4. Blazing Arrow

I would believe it. Your average customer will purchase one console maybe two in a lifetime but will probably purchase 30+ games on that same console. They make there margin on the games and licensing of the games by the game makers.

Same theory behind cell phones.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Sony posted a profit (whether it was overall or gaming I am not certain) this year.
    They have also reduced costs of some of the hardware parts of the PS3

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Microsoft has more profit to gain than Sony would tho. As the world becomes more interconnected the Xbox utimately generates money for Microsoft and it's partners like Yahoo, and when it does, it won't matter what the profit margin is, because the programs will extend to profits elsewhere. It would not be in xboxes best interest to decrease costs, or production, they need to make a better product, and continue to do so even if it costs them money in the xbox department. This is where I would think that Xbox has Sony. Sony is conected to cameras, TV's , and Music. But Microsoft has connections to the internet, and the computer, which would seem to me more important. Only the IPOD seems to have really walked in the face of microsoft's control over that realm successfully. Sony would be hard pressed to match Microsoft over the long haul in my opinion, but they are not incapable, they have money to spend too. It just seems to me like xbox has all the strategic advantages in place and working for the time when the video game consoles become interconnected with the world.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Sony totally dominates Microsoft in Video Games overall.
    Nintendo and Sony are heavyweights in the Video Game industry and Microsoft is not even close to either of them.

Microsoft consoles simply have not sold well at all outside of North America, and probably never will.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

When the consoles integrate with the rest of the electornic world, xbox should have the advantage. The computer is where it is at for the next generation. And that will be the most important point of integration. Sales in every area will be dominated by that functionality.

9. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

who cares. why would someone have such a devotion to a console or company? it makes no sense. XBOX is cool. Playstation 3 is cool as well. As long as they keep making games who cares. They both have pretty much the same games. One plays Blu-ray movies one does not. Which company sells the most consoles effects us how? Isn't Wii beating them both?

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

PC Gaming is dieing because of consoles.
    http://gamer.blorge.com/2008/02/01/ps3-and-360-are-killing-off-pc-gaming/

The future is with consoles, not PCs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar