Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Thankfully there's no curse associated with this cover

Discussion in 'Memorabilia' started by titanbuoy, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $730
    Went to the local shop this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see that Vince scored his first cover on Beckett Football Monthly (deservedly so).

[IMG]

I haven't really be picking up too much of late but these two came in the mail over the past week.

Ben Troupe 04 SP Authentic #'d 374/799
    [IMG]
    Picked this one up for $4.99. It's hard to resist snaggin Troupe's stuff, it's so damn cheap. Now if only Ben would frickin' do something... for the love of god!

David Givens 06 SPX Auto
    [IMG]
    This guy does play for the Titans... at least in theory.

Also bought a Justin Gage auto last week. It was pricey. :))

eBay
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,375
    wow 1 cent...you big spender. :ha:
  2. oochymp Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    That's $2 if you include shipping :ha:
  3. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $730
    Because I'm in Canada shipping was a little more. The total came to $2.50... I had to take out a second mortgage :suspect:
  4. LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Moolah:
    $0
    besides eBay, and sportscardfreaks.com, where can i go to buy, sell and trade sports cxards

Im having a very hard time finding cards I want at a reasonble price, alot of guys on eBay tend to go off the deep end b4 a bidding is over
  5. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $730
    You could try Naxcom or Beckett.com (which has Beckett Marketplace where you can buy cards at a set price and a message boards system that has a board specifically set up for trading football cards). There's also a site called The Trader Retreat (I haven't used this site but I know collectors who really like it). Trading online is problematic. Initially as a newcomer you'll likely be asked to send off your cards first with the understanding that the person you're trading with will send out the cards you traded for upon receipt of your shipment. I'm not crazy about trading, too many headaches. If you should decide you want to give trading a shot, make sure you do so with someone who is well established at the site you're making the deal at (they'll usually have no problem giving you a few references).

I've gotta say though, you really can't beat eBay when it comes to price and selection. I'm not sure specifically what cards your having a tough time getting at a value price, but personally I find that any Titans cards not bearing the name Vince Young (or to a much lesser extent Len White) can be had for next to nothing. Here's cool Pac auto RC that ended for less the $2 last night Pac auto /699. Here's a really nice hard auto'd SP Authentic Brandon Jones RC for less than five BJ SP auto /899. And you see how much I paid for the Troupe auto jersey above ($4.99). I don't see how you can complain about those prices (unless you're looking for give aways).

If indeed you're looking for Vince or LenDale cards on the cheap that's a problem. Vince along with Reggie Bush are the two hottest guys in the hobby right now. You've got no chance of getting any of their better stuff on the cheap. If you want some Vince, be prepared to dole out plenty of the old hard earned. LenDale's cards can be had a fairly decent price, but because Travis Henry is no longer around people have begun to see the growth potential in White's cards. So the auction prices have gone up a bit. If you think LenDale is going to be the man for the Titans this year I'd buy his cards now on eBay because they'll never get cheaper, but if you think he'll be part of a RBBC then wait until midway through the season (when collectors are focusing in on the 2007 NFL rookie class) to purchase your White cards.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.