Thank you Steve

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Delaware Titan, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Agreed, except for the dedicated part. I dislike the Colts, but I have to say that they have a dedicated QB. McNair should have practiced more with the team. I know that he was hurt sometimes, but look at Vanden Bosch's work ethic. If McNair doesn't even feel like showing up for practices, he shouldn't have been playing in the following games for those respected weeks. Yeah, I know, that would have gone over great with the fans and FO. Anyway, I feel that Steve will always be a Titan at heart. He will probably live in Nashville after his football career is over like so many other ex-Titans. He was the face of the franchise and deserves all of the props for getting the Titans to their only Super Bowl as well as the playoff runs. Titans fans will miss the #9 jersey behind center. You gave us some great memories and some emotional comeback wins in times when the world (and the officiating squad :brow: ) was against us. Good Luck in Baltimore... You will need it when you face us. Air McNair is a Titan nevermore. :cry: I think I'm gonna be sick...

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

All he'll have to do in order to pass, is turn his head and cough.

3. Brown29

Brown29 Guest

Goodbye Steve.
    Hello Vince.

4. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I won't forget today. Ever. Today one of the most magical and wonderful sports stories of my life comes to an end. A strange painful end. Change can be good, I just don't like this change.
    But my strained feelings aside I would like to wish Steve McNair and his new team luck this season. He is my favorite player, and has been for longer than I can remember clearly. I will still cheer for him even in that ugly, ugly, hated, uniform. Not against the Titans, but if he shows up in centennial park to play checkers, I would cheer for him to win then too.
    I'm all over the place on this one but I would be remiss if I didn't say the following. Steve, Thanks for the td pass to Erron in Pitt. when you came off the bench for the win. Thanks for the day the offense stunk and you guys kicked 5 field goals to beat the eagles in philly. Thanks for the day you beat the Giants, the playoff wins against Jax, Balt, and Pitt. Thanks for smiling. Thanks for the Super Bowl. Thanks for the silly frat sign you throw up after scores (no offense meant to Omega Phi Si). Thanks for collecting swords. Thanks for being yourself. And thank you for helping a son and mother spend some very memorable moments together.
    Good luck and godspeed.
    Life and sports are about more than statistics. They are about memories and I now have a liftime of great Titan/Mcnair memories to keep me comfort. And like so many have others have already said, Thanks Steve.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

In this thread, I do.

The line it is drawn
    The curse it is cast
    The slow one now
    Will later be fast
    As the present now
    Will later be past
    The order is
    Rapidly fadin'.
    And the first one now
    Will later be last
    For the times they are a-changin'

6. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

drama: Why does everything good have to go away.: Sob, Cry:

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

You must leave now, take what you need, you think will last.
    But whatever you wish to keep, you better grab it fast.
    Yonder stands your orphan with his gun,
    Crying like a fire in the sun.
    Look out the saints are comin' through
    And it's all over now, Baby Blue.
    Leave your stepping stones behind, something calls for you.
    Forget the dead you've left, they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who's rapping at your door
    Is standing in the clothes that you once wore.
    Strike another match, go start anew
    And it's all over now, Baby Blue.

8. Sledge

Sledge Guest

we turned him away because he and his agent rebuffed our request for taking a pay cut to help the team get under the cap. when we decided to draft young, and even prior to that, the team's perspective all along was to have young learn behind steve for a year or two. and in order to do that we needed steve to make less of a cap hit than the slightly less than 23% he was bound to make this year. but steve and his bedbuddy decided that money was what it was all about and he suddenly wasn't interested in grooming a young QB, which he says he's good friends with. nice friend you are steve. so by showing you are not loyal to the franchise that gave you the chance to be the player you are, and the fans that put up with your mistakes for 3-4 years, this is all you deserve. you deserve to get boo'ed outta LP Field when you step on it. And our D will step on you. Man what a short-term memory you have steve. last i checked you waited two years behind crystal chandelier before you got your shot. so vince young doesn't deserve that? all i can say is good riddance, and hope you don't make the playoffs...

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Guess I don't look so bad now...:suspect:

10. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

Hey we are thanking steve in this thread so if u hate him so much then go make a "i hate steve forever" thread and get u r facts straight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar