Thank You, Chris Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Really? Why is he held to a different standard than every other RB that ever played? Him and AP have both done it in a harder era to do it than all of the others as well. I'm not claiming CJ has had a better career than AP btw.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

What different standard? He hasn't been effective for three years. Regardless of the reasons, the HoF isn't going to let someone in like that.

AP has had incompetent coaching, awful QBs, AND injuries. He has preformed at an elite level every time he has taken the field. That gets players in, not excuses.

3. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

The different standard is the notion that he's the only RB that has accomplished what he has who doesn't deserve to be a HOFer. It's not hard to understand. He needs to do more than others, in a more difficult era to do it, to be considered in the other HOF RB's company. Why?

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

No other running back has fell off the face of the earth like he has. One amazing season and a handful of plays after will not get you into the Hall.

You are placing too much stock in his records.

5. 615nick

615nick Starter

We did have two other hof quality backs that played for this franchise before cj. Just saying

6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Let me put it this way. If you take his numbers into account, (which we do for every other player btw) and add the fact that he has more 80+ yard TD's than any player in history by far, not only does he have HOF stats, but he's pretty much proven to be the most explosive player in NFL history. (Not saying he is as explosive now as he once was) Considering he's going to continue to play and add to those career stats, I just don't see the logic in not considering him on track for the HOF. Obviously, you disagree. That's okay.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I understand his numbers, I just don't think they matter as much when they are peppered in with below average seasons.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Right, and which one didn't make it in?

9. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

BOOM!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar