thank god we got Locker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Maker_84, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

because seeing alot of other young QB's around the game and all of them dont look anywhere near as good as him

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That's just fantastic.

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

.......We've really seen enough of Locker to say this?

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

You capitalize "Locker" but not "God"?

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

lol..does that offend you or something? Why even bring that up? Who cares? maybe he's not religious. I don't ever capitalize "god" but i capitalize names.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

In the phrases you are asking about, however, the reference to God is rather casual, and there are those who would deny that such phrases refer to the one supreme God at all. Lowercasing God in such phrases is an attempt to obscure the reference to God.

The problem, of course, is that such phrases are possible violations of the Third Commandment, which proscribes taking the name of the Lord in vain. The question before us is whether it is possible to fool God with capitalization tricks. The Grammar Hotline is not qualified to answer this question.

I will say, however, that the English language has a rich tradition of Third Commandment evasions. Capitalization decisions are the least sneaky of these. Such words as gee, gosh, golly, by criminy, egad, gadzooks (I especially like gadzooks) are all curses mangled to finesse the Third Commandment.

But I suppose you'd like a definite answer. Go ahead and capitalize, and the Devil take the hindmost.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I'm glad to know if there is a god that he is busy worrying about how people type his name on a message board instead of dealing with the millions of people who are dying of starvation. He has his priorities straight. What an egotistical douchebag.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. titans12321

titans12321 Starter

Good try trying to act smart: http://www.ncsu.edu/ncsu/grammar/Capital3.html

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

10. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

here we go again....
    by young QBs that arent doing so well, i'm assuming you're referring to colt mccoy and how he did last night?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar