Texas/Vince Young fans.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

True but like i've been saying. It's hard to be confident when your coach screws you over again and again. I like Jeff but the guy really messed Vince up. He sends Vince mixed signals. He tells Vince at practice, look for your receivers, then run. In the game he tells him a wholenother thing. Then the whole benching, how can he trust his coach when he was flat out lied too? I really dislike the way jeff has handled the enitire situation.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The only QB to truly succeed in our stale, terrible offense philosophy was McNair. He did so because he was strong and agile enough to buy time and make plays on his own. Vince had some success because he was so quick that the play would breakdown and he could run for it.

Otherwise I don't see anyone excelling because of our system or offensive style. If we are sticking with Fisher/Heimi and this system, we are probably fine with Ramsey, I'm sure he can hand the ball off and throw 10 incompletions in a row.

Just don't be surprised when Collins fails, Vince fails, and whatever other QBs we bring in fail with the Titans philosophy.

3. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I hope Bud Keeps Vince when Fisher and dinger leave. Because im sure there is some young energetic coach who could take an offense featuring Vince Young,Chris Johnson,Kenny Britt, Nate Washington, and Jared Cook, and make it the scary offense it could be.

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Fisher's stubbornness to change, or even make adjustments reminds me of an old man who refuses to learn how to use a computer, or to stop pulling his pants up to his freakin nipples.

5. Skullcandy

Skullcandy Camp Fodder

I live in Texas, i grew up liking the oilers over the cowboys(dont really know why) dad would take me to see the games when i was younger. Plus i am a longhorn fan, So of course we like vince and what he did, but thats the PAST! i was happy when we drafted him over mat, but years went on and well we all know what he progressed to. There are soooooo many ppl that jumped on the titans bandwagon here in texas.

You cant blame kerry for the missed fieldgoal in week1
    You cant blame kerry for sloppy secondary week 2
    and you cant blame kerry for special team fumbles last week.

Kerry might not be doing that good at times...but hes definitely doing enough to win.

6. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

I think you're going a little too far :ha: I agree our offensive style is stale and boring but it works IF we don't make mistakes. For instance missing blocking assignments that result in no gain on 1st and 2nd down running plays. Or RB's fumbling. Or receivers not getting separation or catching the ball, or the QB missing open receivers etc. The offense has to be in sync but if it is this Offense CAN work.

I mean let's look at our last 4 games and all the issues by the offense:
    Baltimore: fumbles in the opponents territory
    Pittsburgh: big dropped pass by gage, O-line letting guys through unrushed
    Texans: INT by Collins, Fumble by Collins
    Jets: 2 INT's, drops by receivers

Now I'm not saying the offense is the reason we lost all those games, but it contributed. I'm just saying with our style of offense we dont go do the field quickly (unless CJ breaks one) so we need to really limit mistakes. But it IS possible. We saw that in several of our 13 wins last year.

7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Show me a team that makes NO mistakes and I'll show you a team that will win the SB every year.

Why do we wear seatbelts? Because honestly we really don't need them when no one makes mistakes.

Mistakes are going to happen, period. Which is why I don't really believe in just a game manager QB. I don't think Collins is the only reason (or even the main reason) we have lost, but I don't think anyone here can argue that the QB is the most important player on offense for a reason.

It's not totally applicable but applicable enough to where I'm going to compare it...
    A military unit in combat, say a 36 man platoon. The plt commander (i.e. QB) is responsible for them. Let's say a fire team (say the WRs) decides to go off and do their own thing causing a few unnecessary casualties (i.e. dropped passes). Sure the fire team's arse is going to be in a sling, but not near as much as the Plt commander will be. It's HIS job to ensure the unit does what they're supposed to.

8. tex-titan

tex-titan Camp Fodder

I flat out disagree. Last year he did enough. This year we need a lot more out of our offense. Face it, our defense is off this year and our special teams need to be fixed ASAP.

Even if we fix the special teams I think our defense gives up another TD per game this year. If you look at the number of games we won last year by less than 7 points you can see that we need to be more productive.

Our running game is pretty solid but we need more from our WR corp and Collins. I don't think Collins can step it up. I think if we ask him to do more then we will see more mistakes.

My big fear is we do just enough to keep us in the hunt for a wild card so Fisher doesn't change anything and then we don't make the playoffs. Which would be a wasted season and a wasted opportunity to get VY experience.

9. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

I think Collins can step it up AS A GAME MANAGER. Problem is, (as I see it) I think he wants to do more than be a game manager, AND HE SHOULD. He led us to 13-3 last season and limited his turnovers, made some plays in the passing game. And He's getting paid about 8million this year, far more than Game Managers typically get paid. My guess is Collins thinks he is a little better than he is (probably true of most NFL players :ha:). I fear that because of this (and having more weapons on the outside) he will try to do more out there than he should, which will lead to turnovers.

10. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

fishy football is stinky our Qb whoever it is has to throw on 3rd down.

All of our Qbs have to play RRPP football.RRPP means rapid response planning process in other words run run pass punt.Any QB or Wr who plays for us is gonna fail no matter what.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar