Texas/Vince Young fans.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tex-titan

tex-titan Camp Fodder

Funny how you seem to be willing to follow KC off the 0-4 cliff.

Down with the ship right?

I honestly think it's funny as hell how little intellectual honesty most KC fans seem to have with VY.

Here is the typical thread posting " I saw him play and he stinks !!!" Of course they have only see him play 1.5 years. The half year got him the Rookie of the year award.... they all forget about that.

They only remember his ONE FULL YEAR of play time which wasn't great but was pretty understandable (EVEN EXPECTED) for a new QB in the NFL.

Then they say he should get better watching KC from the bench.... RIGHT... taking limited snaps in practice is a sure recipe for success. Why didn't I think of that?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

As tired as I am of saying it, I know you "anti Vince Youngers" are more tired of hearing it but - "Vince needs to get in". It's as easy as 1-2-3. Here's why:

If Vince is in we know that already vanilla offense won't get more complex. Vince hasn't shown he can operate an NFL offense after his fire was put out his rookie year. Just because VY rookie season was fueled by creative scrambling doesn't mean he cant pass or read defenses. Sitting in the pocket checking his reads isn't his style. Vince feels the game more than he reads it. Which is half the reason he's on the bench, because NFL defenders are smart, and make you uneasy. Which in his case kills him, but you can overcome that. -- Jeff for what ever reason believes we need a system QB. We need a QB who will move the ball forwards.

VY not reading but feeling is not a bad thing for your information, its good. Especially when we run this dumb offense we run. McNair only got it going because he was both a mix of Collins and Young, and the offense wasn't the same then. If Steve McNair never was, then Mike Heimerdinger is no longer in the NFL. Steve was able to know his running game was there, no matter what. Even if Eddie got to the line of scrimmage, he could fall forwards for yardage. Now with C.J. the offense doesn't get that fall forwards for three. So if the runs not there, then there's nothing there. That plays into the QB comfort during a game. Id much rather go into a dark alley armed with buddies I know will fight back with me than go in it alone nervous as hell. )Which is how Young felt, all alone with no help in 2007). Vince is on one side of the spectrum and Collins is on the very edge of the other end so its hard to like both. And right now Kerry's side is the losing side. Even if the defense doesn't help, its still Collins fault.

If VY is the QB then our offense isn't "setback" any, as some of you think. In fact we move forwards because we don't waste time throwing 13 times in the forth quarter only to see them sail over the front row of fans. We get back to what works. Run run run. Now I'm all for 34 points which is where Collins is trying to get, but his defense is going to get him decapitated in 2009. I know these loses aren't all Collins fault, but that doesn't make him the right fit for our team. While Kerry is in, Jeff thinks we are ready to score multiple TD's passing. And he probably does give us a good chance to score 2, or 3 times, but then he takes us out of position too much. "Don't allow him to lose us more games, take the ball out of his hands". I'll argue til Collins is removed that he isn't for us. He wasn't for the Panthers, the Saints, the Giants or the Raiders, and he isn't for the Titans. The guy is the best backup anyone could wish for, but he wasn't made to run a team. Vince can run a team if you let HIM do it, and not the offensive coordinator. Dinger wants to run the team through Collins, but that's nearly impossible, because Collins chokes.

All I'm saying is that if these 52 other guys want to win then dethrone Collins and put Vince in. Forget that politics involved Jeff, its football.

BTW- I see Vince for what he is and could be. Whereas Collins isn't even a has been, he's a never was. Go ahead and say Vince never was much, but at least he's got time. Collins will soon be retiring.

3. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

^^ Spot On

4. amstrf89

amstrf89 Starter

I'm gonna post Eddyc85's response so we can get it out of the way:

You're a homer who cares more about Vince than the team . . . also Vince sucks :blah:

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

True. And I agree with everything you said.
    However, if the do put Vince back under center, he is really gunna need to be able to throw. Because you know opposing defenses are going to stack the box and force him to beat them with his arm.
    Given we have Britt now (and can split CJ out wide), that may not be a problem anymore.

6. TitansWinAgain

TitansWinAgain Camp Fodder

Vince averaged 6.7 per pass in 07

Collins averaged 6.4 in 08 and so far in 09 it is only 6.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

That is funny :ha::ha::ha:

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Not that I don't agree with you but I'd just sit back and expect the haters to respond with how many turnovers he had...like clockwork almost.

9. Jaguarsforsale

Jaguarsforsale Camp Fodder

These are the 2008 numbers:

Manning
    • Avg. - 7.2
      Comp. Pct. - 66.8
      Yds. - 4,002
      TD - 27
      INT - 12

Garrard
    • Avg. - 6.8
      Comp. Pct. - 62.6
      Yds. - 3,620
      TD - 15
      INT - 13

Collins
    • Avg. - 6.4
      Comp. Pct. - 58.3
      Yds. - 2,676
      TD - 12
      INT - 7

Schaub
    • Avg. - 8.0
      Comp. Pct. - 66.1
      Yds. - 3,043
      TD - 15
      INT - 10

These are the 2009 numbers

Manning
    • Avg. - 10.2
      Comp. Pct. - 68.8
      Yds. - 983
      TD - 7
      INT - 2

Garrard
    • Avg. - 6.1
      Comp. Pct. - 54.5
      Yds. - 618
      TD - 2
      INT - 1

Collins
    • Avg. - 6.0
      Comp. Pct. - 55.2
      Yds. - 630
      TD - 4
      INT - 4

Schaub
    • Avg. - 7.7
      Comp. Pct. - 64.5
      Yds. - 823
      TD - 7
      INT - 2

Note: I'm going to edit this and add some additional stats

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar