Texas/Vince Young fans.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TygerNeo

TygerNeo Camp Fodder

VY in a wildcat offense would be the perfect system to build up his confidence. He should at least get a couple of snaps per half, what does Fish have to lose?

2. The_Jerr83

The_Jerr83 Camp Fodder

Love this post. I tried to say this on another thread. We are not going anywhere with this offensive philosophy of run and play defense its just not going to win super bowls here. Any good QB can fail with this offensive system. Fisher needs to make those halftime adjustments and stop being conservative on offense. Right now we are loosing because of the coaching.

3. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

omg...i have been absent from this thread. what is going on?

4. Loqitar10

Loqitar10 Camp Fodder

For the life of me, do all you VY bashers have bad memories? The Titans D didn't carry a warm buck of spit in 2006, it was one of the worst in the league. The rookie QB sparked the turn-around and, frankly, would have gotten us to the playoffs that year if the D hadn't given up game losing late fourth quarter drives in a couple of those games when the O had accomplished a late lead. The D WAS great in 2007 and Vince, and the rest of the O, did just enough right, just enough of the time to get us to the playoffs. Unfortunantly, by the time we got there our offense was a mash unit and we didn't really have much of a chance.

5. BigHerm

BigHerm wooooooooo wooooooooo

Vince was the WORST quarterback in the league during his playing time according to Completion percentage. Why does anyone want him to see another snap ever? He was the only QB who could come into the league and supplant Michael Vick for the title of least accurate passer according to the stats.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

If you want to simply focus on completion percentage and use that as your entire argument that's fine. To me, the bottom line is we were winning games with him. Wish the same could be said about Kerry this season...

Also, do you honestly think there's absolutely NO chance he's gotten any better? You just wanna dump him based off of his rookie year (ahem.. ROY) and sophomore year (ahem... 10-6 and playoffs)?

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

Good post this is how I see it. Kc will fail Vy will Fail and who ever we draft after that will fail. As long as fisher is the Coach the Qb position should be a journey man Qb who can throw the dump pass and take no chances. How does Chad Pennington sound. He would work in our system Mcnair was the only Qb was so good because he was so strong and mobile. I mean Look at Billy Volek he struggled with Fish now you hear he is decent Qb . That will get another chance to start in the future I always said Qb and Wr come to Tenesse to die.:grrhee:

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Volek was good here.. and he's good with the Chargers. it was a personal vendetta between Fisher and he that got him a ticket out to where it's nice weather. When Volek played, the team was awful,no running game, no defense, and he was a gunslinger. When Fisher gives up hope on a season, seems like he lets loose more, with the passing, onside kicks, etc.

That was some of the most fun I've had watching the Titans, when he was under center. too bad he's most likely a Rivers clone personality-wise. He is good. Better than Vince, and in '06 he would've taken over I believe if they hadn't traded him.

9. BigHerm

BigHerm wooooooooo wooooooooo

I want the team to win, unfortunately im not sure that any qb on the roster is the answer. I really hope we draft a qb or tackle the position in free agency.

One more chokejob by Kerry and the staff has to at least consider playing VY. Im not confident in him at all, in the preseason he still didnt show that he can make multiple reads effectively.

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

From what I've seen of KFC this year, he doesn't look like he's going through all his reads either. What further pissed me off during the Jets game is:
    1. he ALWAYS seemed to throw to the WR that was being covered by Revis. That tells me that he wasn't looking to find out where Revis was before the ball was snapped.
    2. he had NO answer for the blitz. I don't care of Dinger called a certain play he wants you to execute, if you see the blitz coming, you override Dinger, and get your WRs some hot routes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar