Texas A&M to the SEC?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TitanJeff, Aug 11, 2011.

?
  1. Yes. And I think it's going to happen.

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Yes. But I don't think it'll happen.

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. No. But I think it'll happen.

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. No. And I don't think it'll happen.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

The SEC has always wanted a team in Texas, the fact that they actually met for a meeting and was named in the SEC's official release means something. This deal is going to get done but the problem is that 14th team. I would actually love to have NC State.

They have money, facilities, great academics, a very good sports program, and are in a prime TV market. This also opens up that state for recruiting too and they produce some talent.

2. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Also they need A&M to declare it's leaving first; I'm told this is needed for legal reasons

They have to avoid any idea that they're torting or whatever, probably to avoid something happening along these lines:

SI.com - College Football - Big East sues to try to prevent ACC expansion - Friday June 06, 2003 08:01 PM

I believe there's been a few articles about the state of Texas was threatening a like $1 billion suit against the conference if such (tort, whatever) were to be the case (exaggerated number likely on the press's part, but i could see them aiming high here)

3. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

also, interesting points here:

http://outkickthecoverage.com/how-espn-is-complicating-am-to-sec-deal.php

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

At least A&M would represent in basketball, due to the fact that the SEC isn't strong in that department.

As for football, they have no chance to compete in the SEC.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

They're not bad in football, they're better than Ole Miss, Vandy, UK, and UT at this moment. They have a good bball team but the SEC has some teams on the rise like Bama and Arkansas.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

can't make these decisions based on where the programs are the this point anyway. Got to be thinking long term. Adding aTm would be excellent for the SEC long term. Just my opinion.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Surprised they're not trying to recruit OSU and Oregon after recent events.

:D

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I don't really want to see them leave the Big XII right now but I think it's definitely gonna happen.

I don't see any downside at all for the SEC to add them. Win-win for both A&M and the SEC.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar