Texans @ Titans OGT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TennesseeTitans, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

The thing I don't get is how we didn't test their secondary at all. All our passes were underneath stuff. That was a costly costly turnover by Kerry but this loss IMO falls on the defense. There were too many blown coverages. The Texans had receivers wide open all day.

If our defense played the way a top defense is supposed to this game isn't even close after halftime.

2. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Got to be kidding me. I'm not going to say that Kerry has been prolific or anything, but you're really going to take opportunities like this to knock the guy? I just watched one of the weirdest games I've ever seen. Weird calls on the field, player ejected, meager offense scores 31 points, and vaunted defense gives up 34. Yep, great opportunity to push that hugger agenda.

3. imbread

imbread Starter

corners did good, but our lb could not cover their te and what the heck was griffin doing out there, i dont know why teams even bring a rb to the game just keep passing the ball on us, nothing we can do,and i think if we still had fat al they would have less time to pass on us!!

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Im not blaming the loss on Kerry. Im saying that once again. He can't deliver a W. Bad decisions. You can make the argument that the defense lost it but in the end. down by only 3 and pretty good field position. What happens? 0-2 on the 2nd turnover of the game.

5. imbread

imbread Starter

i got one question, where do we go from here, only good news if the colts go down we will only be one game back, bad news is i live in the new your area and if we lose i will never hear the end of it, like last year.

6. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Should this loss sit squarely on Kerry's shoulders? Absolutely not. Does he have some blame to shoulder in this loss? Absolutely.

I'd go 85% on the defense. 15% on Kerry. Maybe 90/10.

The one thing you have control over when you are on offense is the ball. Depending on your execution each play you either maintain possession or give it away. Kerry gave it away at the end. It was a fluke play but he's the only one you can hold accountable for it. Still most of this loss goes on the D and the defensive play calling.

7. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Our LB's gave up some key first downs but Harper and Griffin accounted for most of the Texans scoring. Finnegan played a decent game but Harper had two huge PI calls and gave up 1 or 2 scores. Griffin gave up a score and a huge gainer.

Between Cecil taking over as D-Coord and Marcus Robertson replacing him as DB's coach....and Harper turning 34 :yes:....our secondary has gone to the pits.

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

That was just puckin' fathetic. That's what it was. I guess it was defenses turn to not show up today. That said, expect the defense and ST to step up next week but the offense will fail to appear and, lose it for us.

9. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

I hope we have another KR on the team. I would hope that Mouton, McCourty or Edison could step into that role. Ringer has some vision but is just too slow. You're supposed to rely on your returner to make at least one guy miss on his own. Ringer makes them miss but then they run him down.

10. amy

amy Starter

The problem is though, KC, like last week, failed to deliver a win at the end of the game because of unnecessary mistakes. In both games, we could have won, but the qb did not make the plays. So in the end, it probably is on his shoulders. To say we should never have in that position in the first place is valid, but still, in order to win, plays have to be completed accurately and for the second time, the qb failed to do that. And I kept saying to myself, "If that had been Vince, he could have run his way out of trouble. But then again................

The boys simply need to keep their emotions in check and play SMART.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar