Texans sign OT Jordan Black

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Overalls, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Looks like the Texans took a step to bolster their O-line by signing KCs starting LT.

Not a major signing, but not a bad signing. Could be good depth or at least add up to a good camp battle.

By JOHN MCCLAIN
    Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

The Texans have agreed to a two-year, $3.5 million contract with free agent offensive tackle Jordan Black, who started at left tackle for the Kansas City Chiefs last season. Black, a Dallas native who played at Notre Dame, receives a signing bonus of $1.2 million.

During his four seasons with the Chiefs, Black played every position other than center. Black, 6-5, 320, played left tackle in college. Black joins Charles Spencer, Eric Winston and Ephraim Salaam as tackles on the Texans' roster.
  2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

OK, I'm not saying this simply because you're a Texans fan, but Black supposedly sucked at KC last year. I have yet to meet a KC fan who didn't think he was a complete disaster. Personally I only saw him in the game against Indy in the playoffs and he looked bad.

Of course one mans trash is anothers gold, but I'm not sure he's such a big improvement (although some would say anything is a big improvement).
  3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Don't know much about him. But from what i've read, seems like he should at least provide depth.
  4. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

wasnt black benched in favor of kyle turley?
  5. titanfreak333

titanfreak333 Titan fan from kansas

black was terrible i live in kc so i watch all the chiefs games and he didnt do anything he is so bad
  6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

He certainly is a huge step down from what KC is used to.

Having said that, this is posted here, why?

Just kidding, Oalls. Goodwill, goodwill.
  7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Wasn't Kyle Turley benched? I thought he was to play the right side, though, then heard some talk of him maybe playing TE.
  8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

I'm just surprised the texans are addressing offensive line.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.