Texans release Ed Reed

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Smash, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I know. I love it too. I loved it from the day it happened because I knew this is what would come from it.

They suck!... Except I could see them getting the 6th seed.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Something to think about next time a big name vet his FA and people here are begging to sign him.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

It sucks

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

But not as much as Bernard Pollard.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Almost no individual runs an organization by themselves (jerry jones is the exception)

There are scouts, coaches, advisors, all giving input. GMs just pull the trigger. They all give their expertise, then the GM makes the final decision. There are many fans out there who could be a better GM than a Matt Millen. No question. Any MORON knows not to draft so many WRs in the top 10. any idiot can see that, but these morons that have been gifted high level jobs are too arrogant to see that.

Not that the average chucklehead Madden player could do it.. but some of the smarter fans who really know players could do it.

They do not have some superhuman sense of who is going to pan out in the NFL, or else all these horrible pickups and busts would not be happening. You think the GM makes his own draft board 100 percent himself? Nope. Like most big positions, he is basically part of an executive committee who assists in the making of decisions. Everything is subject to checks and balances (unless you are a maniacal owner named Adams, Davis, or Jones.)

Could a fan be the end-all of an organization (coach, GM, owner responsibilities, scouting)? No.
    Could they be a cog in that wheel with a little grooming? Yes. But you have to be in the good ol' boy club to begin with.. so it's a moot point.

Take 5 percent of the smartest of the NFL fans, and give them football as their year round job.. you'd better believe you wouldn't be able to tell a difference between one of these people and a dingbat like Millen or Reinfeldt.

Tell me after drafting a Chris Henry, that GMs are some kind of mental superheroes, that are so far above our meager human comprehension.

Coaching? Absolutely, 99.999999 percent of fans could not coach in the NFL. A fraction could put together a competitive roster, if they were paid and given time and resources to do so.

Could the Titans really have done much worse in the first round in the past 10 years?

6. RavensShallBurn

He went through waivers unclaimed. A little surprised by that, but it just shows he's done for good.

I wish the Jags had claimed him. lol

Then he'd really be regretting opening his mouth about the Texans coaching.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

NFL GM and weatherman are the only two jobs on the planet where it's allowable to be wrong half the time.

8. RavensShallBurn

Yea. And if you're right 50% of the time as a GM in the NFL you're probably one of the best teams in the league.

I mean that basically in regards to the draft - if half of your picks were the right call, you're killing it.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Bold claim. There's no evidence whatsoever to support it. And there's a mountain of evidence suggesting otherwise.

Either way, what you are saying and what I'm saying is unprovable until a team hires a GM from a message board. I feel very, very confident saying that won't happen in my lifetime.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Damn I wish I could remember the team but can't find on quick google search.

There is actually a soccer team that is run by the ticket holders, and they collectively can vote and release players and coaches. Or I really really think I saw something on HBO sports about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar