Texans offense prolific in last five games

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Every team is a few good pieces away from contending, typically. But the problem is, with the texans - once they get the piece they need, another position dies. Remember when they just needed an o line? A running back? Now a quarterback?

2. Texxan

Texxan Camp Fodder

Ummmm... NO. 3 years ago we were a 2 win team and pretty much needed EVERYTHING and underwent a complete roster turnover and coaching/management overhaul. It was something that was going to take a min of 3 years to recover from and to complete the new blueprint. And we have done it so far basically all through the draft. Most all of our draft picks have worked out so far under this new regime... but we are also the second youngest team in the league I think. We have some growing up to do as well.

Our remaining needs are a main RB to go with Slaton, a couple of interior lineman for depth or to challenge starters, a DE opposite Mario, a fat DT to play next to Amobi, a speedy OLB to play next to Diles and Ryans, and a playmaking Safety. Those were always needs in the past few years that were just passed over for more pressing or available needs to be checked off the list not ones that dissapeared.

The good news is that we have our full slate of draft picks again and will have cap room to go after a big name DL guy.

3. Texxan

Texxan Camp Fodder

Oh and let me be clear... I am not trying to make excuses and say this years team is bad or anything. In fact, I think we will give teams fits for the rest of the year as this season is far from over for the Texans. If they can win in Minn this Sunday they are .500 again coming home to play for a chance to go over .500 That loss to the Colts should have NEVER happened and we should actually be sitting at 4-3 currently at the very least. Not saying we are going to make the playoffs, because I pretty much figured we wouldnt this year anyway with one more year of needs on our plate.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Good luck to you. I hope you beat the heck out of the Colts and Jags.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar