Texans game: If DMC is our lead RB = we lose

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanUpB4UGO, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Sticking my neck out on this prediction, but as long as we keep using a scatback like DMC as our main RB, we will keep losing and wondering why. Start Andrews, feed him the ball 20 times, activate Terrance West and give him any carries DMC might otherwise get, and we have a good shot at beating the also horrible Texans.

What sayest ye, gentlemen?

• Troll Troll x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I say McCluster leads the team in YPC, and is probably the best offensive play maker other than Wright and Walker.

Should he be getting 20 carries a game? Hell no. But I don't mind him getting 8-10.

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

It's like we run plays at random sometimes.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I wouldn't go so far as to blame McCluster's carries on our failures but we certainly need to feed the big backs more. We need to change the attitude of this team and stop rotating backs so much. Sankey is a bust, you can find a back that good on any waiver wire so why have him do much of anything?. Run the ball 30+ times but make sure Andrews gets at least 20 of those carries.

McCluster only has 35 carries this year which is 6 per game.

I agree activate Terrance West and develop an attitude.

#4 RollTide, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

RB statistics..

Sankey 39-159 4.1 ypc
    Andrews 38-138 3.6 ypc
    DMC 35-176 5.0 ypc
    West 16-51 3.2 ypc

So if the objective is to spread the carries equally they have succeeded but the obvious problem is that combined they are averaging just 21 carries a game.

We are 27th in the league in rushing attempts, 19th in yards per carry and 26th in rushing first downs. This is a team with a rookie QB!!!!!

Ken Whisenhunt football!

#5 RollTide, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

DMC has made almost all of his yards running out on the edge. He's just too damn small to be running it between the tackles. I find it funny that we would trade a pick for West, but have him inactive...when if we tried our best, no one would even offer a ham sammich in trade for DMC...regardless of what his YPC is.

You can't make any money with a 150lb (soaking wet and a mullet full of dreds) scatback as your main tailback.

#6 TitanUpB4UGO, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    • Troll Troll x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

Cobb is back, or almost. If we can cut West we get the conditional draft pick back.
    Then put the S(t)ankey on the block and see if there's anyone desperate enough to jump.
    But DMC isn't a bad 3rd down scatback, so use him that way and keep AA and Cobb @#1&2.
    And get SOMEBODY enough carries to at least pick up a rhythm for chrissakes.

8. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

If Whiz is our coach we will lose. I use the last two years as proof.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Since we have no deep threat at WR its going to shrink the running lanes a bit, I actually wonder if Whiz believes a small shifty McCluster is better suited than a power back like Andrews...

Whiz has proven to be faaaaar more incompetent than ever before...

The trick to winning with this lineup is WR/RB screens and a heavy dose of power running... We just cant find guys deeper than 10-yards and thats limiting the offense. Keep things moving with quick stuff and runs... Not Metts strengths but you have to admit he has stream lined his game a little from last year, maybe enough to be effective his 2nd try this year....

10. Roy322

Roy322 Starter

what are most of us missing a strong dose of andrews is what we seem to agree on but whiz doesnt see it that way . AA not strong enough to go back to back plays ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar