Texans finally get the big picture!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Troupe4Prez, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

2. maximus

maximus Starter

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Do the Texans really need Bush? They are not going to sign a QB. They have bigger problems than a RB. They need someone to protect the QB they have. Can they trade down and get D'Brickashaw, sure they can

4. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

So now you have to look at who else in the top 10 needs a RB, because realistilcally, anyone outside of the top 10 would have to give up too much to get to number 1.

The Titans would definately fall into that category, but I just cant see Floyd trading up, especially when he's already missing a number 3. So I'd think the Packers are the best bet.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Heck, even at 10 in the draft based on draft value charts they would have to give up their whole draft. I'm not sure anyone wants to give up what it will cost. Alot of folks were saying with guys like Bush in this draft that trading those picks might have more value than in other years. I think the reverse is true. If Houston wants to trade I think they will have to take less than chart value or get picks in future years. There is alot of talent in the early part of the first round and why give up your whole draft for a RB when you can stay put and still get a darn good one.

6. maximus

maximus Starter

The Packers could trade up, I would be surprised to see the Raiders make a move or even the 49ers make a move for Reggie Bush.

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

The problem is that D'Brick won't make it past the Jets. The teams picking at 2 and 3 both have needs at QB... a position they are positive that Houston will not take. The Jets, besides being in cap hell, have no reason to trade up to number 1 since, if the Texans decide to take D'Brick number 1 overall, they will still probably end up with Reggie Bush (and worst case scenario, they can still get Leinart or Young).

I don't really think anyone in the top 4 has enough incentive to give up much of anything to move up to number 1 unless Reese wants to make sure he gets one qb over the other.

If he can't pick up anything from Reese, their best bet would be to just nab Brick or Bush at number 1.

8. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I think when it's all said and done, Leinart will go #1. I think the Titans or Jets, or possibly the Raiders, will trade up for him.

9. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

No way to the Titans trade up, under any circumstances. There isnt enough incentive this year, and we're already minus one first day pick.

10. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

If Bush doesn't go #1, I think it is great for us. That is why I don't think we can lose here. I doubt the Saints take Bush, so he will be there for us or maybe we do trade down. This draft is setting up to be a win/win for us in almost every scenerio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar