Texans expecting tougher Colts in rematch

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Nov 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky The Texans aren't waving a white flag before they head to Indianapolis, but it's got to be hard for players and coaches not to catch themselves thinking back to the first matchup with regret.

I won't make you suffer through the details of the Colts' ridiculous comeback in the final five minutes of the Oct. 5 game at Reliant Stadium that Indy had no business winning.

But I will share some thoughts from Houston on how the Colts, coming off consecutive wins over New England and Pittsburgh, are going to be a lot tougher the second time around for the Texans.

Coach Gary Kubiak:

"They look a lot different. They were beat up then. They were missing their left tackle [Tony Ugoh], they were missing their safety [Bob Sanders]. This safety is the difference in a championship team. He's been that way for them. They're healthy. They're getting their confidence. They've played some very good football teams and have had some big, big wins here in the last few weeks, you look at New England and Pittsburgh. And we're going to their place so that makes it even more difficult."

Left tackle Duane Brown:

"You have Peyton [Manning] who didn't have training camp. Basically he's through his camp now and he's hitting his stride. So, they're a football team that's all back intact and they've done a good job of hanging in there until they all got healthy and now they've been moving forward very quickly."

Tight end Owen Daniels:

"[Sanders] completely changes {their defense]. They do different things when he's in there and he's all over the place. He's a game changing guy for them, a big play guy. We expect him to be flying around like he always does."

Wide receiver Andre Johnson:

"Bob's a great player. He didn't play the first time we played against them. We always say, 'How can one person have that much affect on a defense,' but he's a guy that's all over the field. He's a great player. So, he makes a lot of plays."

More...

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

looks like the cows are ready for the slaughterhouse.

man up you sissies

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

they sound like they're already making excuses for them getting their asses beat.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

[​IMG]

Moo says "I miss Overalls".

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

oh the Texans....I think all their draft picks should be offensive lineman from now on

6. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

i hope the Texans show up and play hard and maybe pull out a close win...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar