Texans' backfield takes hit as Brown lands on IR

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Aug 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Green is done. He's over 30, and he's breaking down.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Average 10 carries a game with a 4.0ypc or more. They won't use Slaton as the primary back even if Green goes down. Slaton will have a few BIG plays, but won't be RoY candidate or anything.

That's what I think anyway.

3. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Kinda like Chris Johnson. Only 2 rounds cheaper.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Slaton went downhill at WV. Thinking he'll do anything in the NFL is hilarious to me. And at WV, he was in a system that was perfect for him. At Houston? That system sucks for anyone.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Why are you comparing career stats? I'm talking about recently. As of NOW, you know? If both are healthy, CB is a better runner. Green fell off hard, and he's not going to magically return to the way he was 5 years ago.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Turf toe means no cutting & no driving forward. It would also mean no practicing between games & lasting as long as he can on gameday after a painkilling injection.Turf toe thread

You're really pushing the envelope with that old 'our zone blocking scheme' balogny considering that you don't have anyone to run behind it.

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Watch it now Childress they have Big Bad Schuab!

The zone blocking has been beaten to death by Texans fans but at the end of the day they have a QB who had several injuries last season and another one the previous year who got sacked or ran for his life on almost every play. If your Qb can not stay in the game because he keeps getting hit it is not working.

8. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Since you are turning this into a QB thread please remember that your so called mobile QB had more sacks behind your so called 1st rated in the division O-line. Not to mention he threw more INTs because was either too ignorant to remember what color his team wears or was rushed into a throw.

9. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Starter

The other thing about turf toe is that it can be re-aggrivated quickly and often...

As far as the scheme goes; if Ron "I've never met a buffet I didn't like" Dayne can do fair to Midland in it, then hell, even Blazing Arrow might be able to get a few yards in it..

10. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I'm worried about the Texans to be honest. They have some great defensive players (Super Mario, DeMarco, Dunta Robinson) and they have Andre Johnson, who when healthy, is a great #1 WR. They will be big in a year or 2, about the same time the Colts fall off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar