Texan trade rumour

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by danny, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danny

danny Guest

I read that there was a rumour that the Dolphins were talking with the Texans involving Ricky Williams and a draft pick for David Carr. The reason the the Texans would do so would be to draft Young.

It doesn't make sense to me on the Texans behalf. First off, Davis right now is better than Ricky. Ricky's to similar to what they have in Houston already. He's not a change of pace, split out wide, take it the distance type that Bush is.

It would be cute to see an all Texas backfield with Young and Williams but I don't see it. I don't think Ricky is the angel of Texas fans eyes' after pulling the stuff with quiting and all but it could be viewed as a P.R. move with the owner panicing about his fan base deserting him as they did the Oilers a little less than a decade ago.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I would rather see us give the Texans our 2nd round pick for Carr. We could get Bush and Carr if that were the case.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Carr's good and all, but I don't want him here. Wherever he goes, he'll expect to start.

Houston's got the hype-nitis.

4. smili

smili Starter

This makes sense for the Dolphins. Makes no sense for Texans imho.

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Sounds a little odd to me personally. I mean, Miami wanting to dump Ricky because of Ronnie makes sense, but I dunno, it just seems like a strange scenerio. If it goes down, I'll be somwhat surprised.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

it will gaurantee us Reggie Bush.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

All but. Someone could trade with NO for him.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

NO would be dumb, they need a QB big time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar