Terrible day for Terrible Towels in Nashville

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdfan

mdfan Starter

I'm sure some Steeler fans bought their tickets this summer when single game tickets went on sale, so the Titan's organization is also partly to blame too.

2. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

If it were me in the stands Sunday, I would have made it a terrible day to be a Steelers fan.... that's all I'm saying. Also, if I would just take a couple of seasons off from buying single game tickets and save my money... I would have PSL's, but as of right now, I'm loving choosing the games I go too. I live in the "right now" and it's been great.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Why is the "Titans organization" to blame for Titans fans not getting in line earlier than the Steelers fans?

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

5. Riverman

Well your anger is misguided. You should be angry at the Titans fan base for not purchasing the tickets more fervently than opposing teams. That is the real issue. And scalping is illegal in many states for many reasons.

6. halt

halt Starter

I think Hoffa is right about there being alot of fans of the CBs, Steelers, Colts, Jets, Eagles here and in other towns. Remember the Titans have only been here for 10 years, and before that the area was pretty well divided between CBs and Steelers. A lot of that is holdover. I'm a die hard flame head now, but if you pull the titan blue off me, you'll find the CB silver. Also, I talked with several of the "Stillers" fans Sunday, and they had all driven down from Penn for the game. That is good support for their team and our local economy.

GO TITANS!!

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Nick, I believe I actually met you a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure that if you lived in my area we would hang out, watch football and play Madden... probably go off roading and pound beers at the tavern. You are a good dude and I like you.

However, with that being said... until you are a psl holder yourself you have no right at all to make any kind of fuss over what any psl holder does. That is regardless of whether they are a venture capitalist/broker, fan... lightweight fan who likes watching the local nfl team or whatever... It's like making a fuss over Barack Obama when you didn't bother to vote.

I was there yesterday. I saw all the towels. In fact, I was a bit intimated by the rival turnout. Tennessee has a great reputation as a destination for rival fans. We are known for our courtesy and hospitality. Why wouldn't a well to do fan of the Steelers not choose Nashville and her low cost amenities, affordable lodging and ample entertainment options? We should be thankful Nashville is the place they choose to spend their extra holiday coin. They just as easily could have made the trip to Cleveland next weekend instead.

In these uncertain economic times I am sure that Nashville's service industry is very happy to accommodate the Steeler fans. They have every right to buy available tickets. Besides, a ridiculous number of psl's belong to ticket brokerage houses that don't care who buys the tickets. They would sell them to Al-Qaeda if those "towel" heads paid them. They don't care. Why should they?

They (ticket brokers and brokerage houses) are the reason we have sell-outs without blackouts. They are the reason moving the team to California is unthinkable to Bud Adams. The people that put Steeler butts in seats are the same people that ensure broke guys with no ticket money can watch on TV. When you buy your psl and you take one less rival fan out of the stadium, then you can complain about what you see from your seat. Otherwise, shut up and be thankful the Titans sell out.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Riverman

One step further BP- It is the Steeler fans that put Steeler Butts in the seats. They travel with their team, they have a legacy and they drop coin to see their Steelers play. They have pride and show it in opposing team's stadiums.

Titans' fans had just as much opportunity to purchase those tickets as the Steelers fans did.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

yeah, that's true. But he understands the desire to see football.

his main argument deals with tickets, who buys them initially and where they end up...

when the sad fact is, what he's preaching against, that being our 100% legal resale market, is the reason we have a decade of sell outs and thus blackout free seasons. If it were not for the brokers we wouldn't keep the team and the black out rule would affect us just like it affects Jacksonville.

He's biting the hand that feeds him... that is if he's in the local market that gets the CBS broadcasts. Where he is geographically is immaterial. It is a sound argument and applies to the majority of the non-psl holders making the stink about the business minded psl holders.

10. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

I have been a PSL holder since day 1.........and i will be damned if anyone is gonna tell me what I can or cant do with MY TICKETS to MY SEAT that I own the fn rights to. That being said I rarely miss a game. and If i do i give to clients or friends that are Titans fans. I would rather my seats be empty than sell them to a scalper. However, I can not blame people for selling their tickets being this close to Christmas, given the current econmic state of our Nation. People are free to do whatever the f they want with THEIR TICKETS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar