Terrelle Pryor...what pick would you use for him?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

The guy beat up his girlfriend in high school, and from personal experience LEFT one of his games to sign autographs. He's not about football, he's about fame and money. He's a poor man's Cam Newton, if there were ever such a thing.

2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

You are a moron.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'd give the #1 overall pick on him... if I was a UFL team.

I've seen every pass Pryor has thrown and I can say without hesitation he wont be a good NFL QB. His best bet is to be Brad Smith but with the major character issues I don't want him.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I stand by Kenny because he's fcuking good! He helps our team. Pryor has not and will not help us. I'm sorry you don't realize the obvious.

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I would not draft Pryor period. I am not going to get into definition of "crime" vs. "infraction", and I am not going to compare his problems to Britt's problems. Bottom line is that he is not going to be an NFL Quarterback. I live in Big Ten country, and, while I am sure I have not seen him play as much as Eddy has, I have seen him enough. He throws the ball like it is a shot put, and usually has no velocity on his passes. That can work in college when you are on one of the most talented teams in the country, but that will not get it in the NFL.

My guess is that he will go the route of former Buckeye Maurice Clarett...NOWHERE. Just my opinion.

6. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

His mechanics are basically an outfielder throw with a jumpshot wrist afterwards. No kidding. Look at it.

7. From this point forward TrollTide will not be taken seriously by me ever. Not on anything whether it be football related or not. I suggest the masses do the same.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Well the only conclusion I can come to is we simply have a bunch of morons on this board.
    For starters Pryor had a 65% completion % in 2010 (not sure where 55% came up).
    Secondly, Tide just asked where people would use a draft pick on him. For his comments we have moronic statements about Tide not being taken seriously? Tide actually makes a decent point that there are guys with far worse attitude and character issues. We drafted a brain dead moron for a QB who was lazy in the 1st round and the year before that we drafted a gangster CB, in the 1st round. So using a 5th or 6th rounder on Pryor might not be all that bad of a pick and worth the risk. It is OK to have an opinion isn't it? And nobody is advocating Pryor as a viable option as the franchise QB. Just a young guy who could be a backup or have trade value down the road (kinda like why the Pats chose Mallet, but they are real smart).

Funny that we even have him compared to a poor man's Cam Newton. Well even if you don't like Newton, Newton was the first pick in the entire draft wasn't he? Bababooey I guess thinks he is saying something intelligent and putting Pryor down by making comparisons to Newton but that is actually a compliment to Pryor.

Pryor is a 3 year starter, 6-6" 233 pound guy with very good speed and athleticism who threw for 27 TDs to only 11 ints last season. He also rushed for over 700 yards. Yes he is a poor man's Newton which is why he might be worth a middle round pick to a team that is interested. No he isn't a choir boy and has some character concerns. NFL Draftscout has him rated in the supplemental draft in the 5-7th round range. IMO he could be a steal there but if he doesn't work out what was lost...not much.
    This article has a high level scout projecting him in the 4-5th round range.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...tal-draft-stock-Ohio-State-quarterback-060711

9. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

I've seen every game and every play from him since he's been at osu. I've also spent alot of time on campus and have even met.him a couple.times. no matter how much potential or athleticism he has, he will never be an nfl qb. he isn't a leader has a terrible work ethic and a me first attitude. attitude wise he reminds me alot of by except ever more immature and has even worse mechanics than vy did coming in. being a diehard buckeye fan, even I wouldnt consider him for a second

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

All you have to do is watch him play and ask yourself what does he do that translates to the NFL? The answer is not much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar