Terrelle Pryor...what pick would you use for him?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

It really is disgusting, and this is coming from someone in a Canadian University, so I know it's not nearly as drastic as it is in American colleges where Football is huge. But seeing a guy get a free ride through school, and not giving a damn, barely passing each and every class they take because they are a good ball player. While people who actually want to be in school are working multiple jobs, going into debt with student loans etc. just to get their education is infuriating to me.

2. TitanDoug

TitanDoug Special Teams Standout

I don't disagree with much of what you say.

I definately think there should be some compensation, especially in certain cases of need. I agree with the fact that 'ships should be 4 year deals as long as there's some academic standards to be met. We can hash out the details in another post.

But that's not the crux of the Pryor situation. Pryor didn't sell tattoo's to help his momma bay the bills. So, even if you compensated them a fair amount (say $3,000.00 per semester), it wouldn't have prevented what happened. There's no moral high ground in this particular case. My issue is that Pryor knew it was against the rules and did it anyway, and then he escapes to the NFL and screws the institution that gave him the opportunity, and many people that trusted him, and people that will come into the program.

And again - it all comes back to the fact that when you sign 'ship papers, you agree to abide by those rules. When I go get a driver's license, I agree to abide by the rules of the road. I can't just drive 85mph everywhere I feel like because I think speed limits are dumb.

Personally, I would throw off the doors to boosters. If some jock sniffer wants to give some kid some cash - who cares. Just make sure that there's some academic performance restrictions (after all, these are colleges), and cap the # of ships at 85, so you don't have Alabama hoarding 250 kids on booster money (that's not good for anyone).

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

About half the guys in the nfl fit the description in college. Guys who who took advantage of the perks(girls, beers, cars) and didn't care all that much about school. The only difference with Terrelle Pryor is that he was the #1 recruit in the country when he came out of school.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Terrelle Pryor thought it would be a good idea to drive the 370Z he got for free to the athletics complex despite the school being under investigation.

Can you say, "stupid?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar