Terrelle Pryor...what pick would you use for him?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He was drafted by the Raiders. That only cements him sucking.

2. XO

XO Nevada Native

Nothing against Pryor. Don't think he will make it at QB or if he does it will be a couple years before he gets his shot. I'm glad he got drafted that high after what Goodell pulled.

The PA and Pryor should fight that suspension. Totally not fair. I wish Pryor the best. He didn't do anything wrong at OSU and Goodell sucks for dragging him back through it now.

I hate Cam Newton as a football player. I hate the school and offense that produced him. I despise Gus Malzahn and his high school gimmicks. I'm sure Cam is a nice guy otherwise. Always smiling, happy ect.

3. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

I'm sorry but it's pretty unlikely he didn't do anything wrong.

I don't disagree that something one does in college shouldn't necessarily affect their pro careers, but there's a reason he got a 5-game suspension, Tressell hit the road, and OSU got some nice sanctions.

He's no angel. Angels don't drive something like 7 or 8 different cars over a 3-year period at a school coming from a fairly modest part of Western PA.

Personally, the guy is a total jerk and I've hated him from back when I was in HS against him in football. He's been an arrogant douche for a while.

Always thought he was above his peers, but constantly put on a nice face for authority.

I think aside from that, though, I still can't like him as a player. His personality bleeds so much into the learning process and ability to ACTUALLY submit to authority, not just put on a nice face so they'll stop talking.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. XO

XO Nevada Native

I don't consider college athletes taking gifts or money "wrong".
    Selling your own personal items is definitely not wrong.

The deserve anything they can get. Take it all.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

How many different posters did you insinuate were racist in this thread?

6. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

I could say I believe rape is perfectly justifiable and isn't wrong but that doesn't mean it's all of the sudden legal or that I can do it.

Whether you or I think they should be compensated is one thing. Whether he was breaking the rules is another.

I agree it's silly that college athletes don't get compensated in some way, but the fact is that circumventing this rule is HUGE trouble in the NCAA, and he did it with reckless abandon for some time before finally getting caught.

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

I'm saying that should have had nothing to do with his NFL career.

Goodell set a dangerous standard.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

What is "dangerous" about it. If a player out right decides to screw NCAA rules (and his college) and bolt to the NFL there might be some punishment. Is that such a bad thing?

All this baloney about poor Pryor getting a suspensdion is ridiculous. The guy is dumb as a rock and makes Young look like a brain surgeon from what I can tell and he will miss a total of 5 games? So what? The Raiders will get a roster exception for him those 5 games and Pryor wasn't probably going to play anyway.

9. XO

XO Nevada Native

The NCAA is not associated in anyway with the NFL. They are separate entities.

Did Pete Carroll get punished for what happened at USC when he went to Seattle?

Reggie Bush?

Will Cam have to be suspended if the NCAA nails Auburn?

Should you be suspended from your job for something you did at your last job?

Goodell did this as nothing more than a personal favor to the NCAA. The NCAA begged Goodell to stand behind them and Goodell took pity. Complete crap.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

not 'officially' associated you are correct. NFL has rules that prop up NCAA as NFL minor league. NFL does not want too have too accept any players before after their senior season, too accomodcate the NCAA. The compromise is the stupid 'hardship' rule that lets them go pro after their junior season. I am sure there am many more suble things.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar