Terrell Owens

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I know we're already pretty good at WR, but we did offer Matt Jones a contract so why not offer one to T.O.? (Besides the obvious reasons please)

He showed that he can keep his mouth shut and just play while with Buffalo last year and his clock is ticking. I wanted him last offseason and I still want him this offseason too. Sure he's getting up there in years, but the man has always been a beast physically. He's still in great shape, faster and stronger than 12-Gage, and still draws a lot of attention from the best CBs in the league.

Like I said, we tried to sign Matt Jones and he didn't even play last year. T.O. is still in great football shape and has at least a couple really solid years left in him. He could really help out all of our receivers. He's still one of the best in the business.

The obvious reasons for not wanting him would be his attitude, potential of throwing VY under the bus, and his drops. But aside from that, I'd say he's totally worth the money and roster spot.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I would support signing him for a 1-year deal only.

If nothing else he's still a decent decoy.

If he acts up, just cut him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

All he showed while at Buffalo is that he's the same prima donna we all knew he was. How many times did he cut his routes off short or bad mouth the QB. I can see it know, VY crying while TO rips into him on the sidelines. He's old and washed up. No thanks. Britt's and Gage are decent enough big targets right now and we need to look at locking up a slot WR for several years, Shipley would be a great pickup.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

he would be bad for VY.

I could see him running open down the field and VY not even looking his way. then his loud mouth would start crying to the media.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I wouldn't have wanted him even when he could play well.

6. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Definitely don't want him being an example for our young players.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I think Britt has the potential to be on the same level as T.O. You know they say that receivers make the biggest jump from year 1 to year 2.

8. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

This POS seriously does not deserve his own thread. He destroys young QB's and he IS a cancer in the locker room unlike Moss. I'll take butta fingers washington over this guy.

9. vy102000

vy102000 Camp Fodder

T.O. would have a field day with Vince

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

if Moss could bounce back after 10 YIL for 23TDs i guess anything is possible....

Moss was viewed as (when signing w/ the pats) as really just an ok signing...would be the same with TO

The only thing is want a veteran receiver (i love 12-gage but he's not what im thinking) to show the younger guys the way. Part me me still belives that if we never were to have let mason go, Brandon Jones/Roby/Roydell would have developed into better players with at least one of them become a valuable starter.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar