Terminator salvation

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by MaxPayne, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Oh yea! I'll admit, The Dark Knight pushed the PG-13 rating. I remember parents complaining about the scenes with the Joker, saying they were too intense for younger children... Correct! Don't bring your little kiddies to the movie and then complain about the ratings! Idiots! I wouldn't mind taking a 10 or 11 year old boy to that movie, but I wouldn't think about it if they're younger than that.

Like I said, I'm just expecting it to be better than the third film. It damn well better be.

I am indeed going at midnight. I'm expecting a 7.5/10ish movie.

P.S. Shut up, Trent Dilfer! I come home, turn on the TV, and the first thing I hear is Trent Dilfer boasting about his 5-1 career postseason record on NFL Live. You suck, Trent!

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Gee that pencil trick should have pushed it to a M rating alone, not including Two-Face. But there is no blood or swearing in TDK either.

3. MaxPayne

MaxPayne 1st Team

The PG 13 worries me...but we will see ....let the countdown begin..

4 hours and counting

-Payne2k

4. RavensShallBurn

Well dammit... Some friends and I hookah'd for a couple hours, and time slipped our minds. It was well past midnight by the time I looked at my phone. I'm stupid.

I'll try to see it tomorrow night.

5. Pjames32

Pjames32 Starter

So I just got back from seeing this... Overall I think it was a good movie. It definitely wasn't great but it wasn't terrible either. The first half of the movie had me really worried but it started to get better as it went along and the second half really saved it for me. Most of the dialogue in this movie was crap IMO and some of the lines had me laughing when I wasn't supposed to. McG and the guys that wrote the screenplay are definitely the worst part of the movie. I think with good direction and a better screenplay it could have been epic but a lot of it just fell flat for me. Sam Worthington was amazing though and I think he's about to be a star. He was definitely the best part of the movie. The guy that played Kyle Reese was really really good too. I like Christian Bale in everything he does, but I really didn't like what he did with John Conner in this. He just seemed to run around screaming most of the time and his character didn't have any heart. Like I said, I think this was definitely a good movie, but it had the potential to be great and that's why I left disappointed. I'd give it about a C right now and put it in third place in the Terminator series just barely above the 3rd movie.

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I got wrapped up with the girlfriend last night, and missed the midnight screening as well. Alas, I probably won't see it until the weekend. A friend of mine who I really trust for his movie tastes said it was pretty enjoyable though, so I remain hopeful. A lot of the negative reviews seem to come from people who don't even like cyborgs that much. :ha:

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I don't like cyborgs that much.. They always took my lunch money in elementary school.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Well I just got back from seeing it, and I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. The things I feared the most (McG's mediocrity, poor acting) were not as bad as I thought. The film was actually good, I'd actually say "brilliant" for a few glimpses. There are some corny lines, some poor delivery by the actors that stuck out, and some editing quibbles that bothered me, but I still really enjoyed myself. The pacing is very fast, maybe too fast at times. Bale is a bit of a cartoon in this, but it's a damn Terminator movie, I expect a bit of that. Worthington and Yelchin are the most solid here, and Bloodgood is fine in this; not nearly worthy of the crucifixion some critics and nerds are demanding.

I honestly can't understand the barrage of harsh reviews coming for this movie. Sure, it's different, but I enjoyed all of it the whole way through. I would consider adding this to my Blu-Ray collection when it comes out even if it wasn't connected to the Terminator mythos.

8/10

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Saw it last night.. It was visually spectacular but lacked in compelling drama as opposed to the previous installments (at least the first two anyway). The series hasn't quite entered AVP territory yet but I suspect the next time around it will... Bale's character takes backseat to other characters (sound familiar?) with Yelchin stealing the show (again).. Bale must have been distracted by a DP during filming..

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RavensShallBurn

I saw it last night as well... I'll echo what Cruds said.

It also took a while to get started. I really thought the movie was going to blow after about 20 minutes of being very uninterested.

7.5/10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar