Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Tennessee Vols 2012

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Tennessy XO, Sep 1, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. RTH Meh...

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $8,584
    My opinion... I just don't see his tenure as a College Coach being that great.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 Good picture of me from 10 years ago

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,665
    Is it really that complicated?

He will land recruits, particularly QBs, without even trying. It will fill seats in Neyland. It will bring more national attention which of course helps with recruiting.

And there is no way he would be as bad a coach as Dooley. No chance.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $21,072
    the only downside is the whole 4 coaches in like 6 years thing.

BUT if the next coach is above average overall and hes given 5 seasons it wont matter
    • Tip Jar Donor

ProfessorD Starter

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $806
    Why not do this pay him like saban with a bonus of like 6 mil at the end of his 5 years if he wins an sec title and at least 3 bowl games and has at least 9 wins a season. After that if he wants to go back to Monday night bye. I do think he would have no problem recruiting, for those who think he will. I WANT GRUDEN!! Make it happen UT.
  2. jdog I like beer!

Moolah:
    $559
    I don't have the qualifications to know how to coach a team and make the big bucks but I certainly have the experience to know when something isn't working. It ain't working. You can't always pick a winner but you can usually spot a loser.
    GoT high fives this.
  3. Soxcat Starter

Britt
    Moolah:
    $2,294
    Some good college coaches suck in the NFL and some good NFL coaches end up sucking in college so I'm not real confident Gruden can get the job done.

I'd much rather see TN go after the best coach they can who is willing to move up in rank at the college level.
  4. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,746
    And why is that? Because he's done such a great job developing young QBs?

Can anyone give me a QB this supposed QB Guru has developed? Anyone? No? Didn't think so.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Jon Gruden is a good coach, but he has never rebuilt anything with young players. Ever.
  5. Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

McNair
    Moolah:
    $8,917
    Gruden ain't happening

I wish East Tennessee would shut up about it.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 Good picture of me from 10 years ago

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,665
    Because of his immensely popular show on ESPN where he sits down with the top QB prospects for the upcoming NFL draft. That show is ratings gold. High school kids, their parents, football fans watch it.

I didn't say anything about development btw, I just said he would land those QB recruits.
  6. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,746
    And I think Derrick Dooley has shown that it doesn't matter if you get the players if you can't develop them.