Tennessee Titans roster cuts, 2017

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A.D., Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Why is Jackson going to be used on offense?
    How many successful players have done this? Hester kinda. Maybe Deion Sanders, but not really.
    Let him play defense and return some punts. I'm 100% against Adoree ever seeing the field with the offense. We have players who specialize in offensive positions for a reason.

And gadget plays are stupid and rarely work.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I think you are going a little overboard. I'm aware McBride isn't as athletic as some of those guys, and "freaking out" was an exaggeration on my part. But my point was that if Corey had ran in the low 4.4s and jumped in the high 30s, nobody would have doubted that he had the athleticism to be a #5 overall pick.

And blowing up the combine is a relative term-scouts doubted pre-draft that McBride had the athleticism to separate, and his time far exceeded expectations. He's not Julio Jones level of athlete, but his size-adjusted speed is still in the 89th percentile.

3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

DeSean is a WR playing WR. Let Adoree learn the CB position and KR. I'd rather have a great CB/returner than a good WR/CB/returner

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Guys I'm not talking about Adoree starting ahead of Taylor. We're talking about the WR 5 player, right? That guy you only use if you have injuries and/or he brings something to the field other players don't. I'm just saying, having a 3-way player like that allows you to run a little thin at WR, knowing you have him there if you need him.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Not really. In the NFL you can't be a fulltime CB, return punts and play 30 snaps at wr. He will simply get worn out and/or hurt. IF he plays offense, it'll probably be something like 5-10 plays with at least some of them using him as a decoy.

No offense to Adoree, but he needs a lot of practice at cb and using him at wr will only take away practice reps he NEEDS at cb to become a good starting cb in the NFL. 5-10 offensive snaps is most likely not worth it.

Now maybe if he really comes into his own towards the latter part of the year as a starting cb, then maybe you use him a bit in a playoff game if you NEED a little something on a key down, but he's too valueable at cb and as a pr to work on offense right now.

I sure HOPE Mularkey is not thinking like you are that he can basically carry 4 wr's and if we lose Decker and Davis, Adoree will become a slot wr/pr and not play D since we have a million cb's until we get the other wr's back.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

So when you say a guy blew up the combine and I point out he didn't blow up the combine....I'M going a little overboard?

LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar