Tennessee Titans Positional Review: RB/FB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I didn't say the OL was 100% at fault or that CJ is blameless. I stated what I understood to be the general sentiment on this board. In 2012 it seemed everyone agreed that line line was awful. When 2013 ended most seemed to think that OL play had improved slighly but was still pretty bad which is why many are considering our attempt to overhaul the O-line a failure. If I'm mischaracterizing this then my mistake but I honestly thought the vast majority of the board saw the OL as vastly underperforming. Only lately have I seen people say otherwise.

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

He's over paid as well.

3. TitansWillWin2

Ebron is a dang beast. He is going to be a star in the NFL.

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Without question..He has declined DRASTICALLY with regards to contact and vision...It's pretty bad. Either his skills are going down, or he is faking it to get outta town....

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Hey, I could understand if they took Ebron honestly. Is it a need compared to what might be there??? Not really..That being said, to get a playmaker and security blanket for Jake like that in combo with Walker, could be filthy...A 2 TE threat.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think again, like the QB position, the RB position is currently a disaster.

Luckily, it won't be near as hard to fix.

CJ is not worth his contract and that money is bet spent on other positions, so he is gone I believe (and want).

Greene was not good. We need another vet to compete with him. I've already said it but I really want McFadden. Sure he's only good for a few games, but he's pretty good in those games. I hope we get him cheap. Bradshaw and Mendenhall are two others that should be had for real cheap deals as alternatives.

I'd like McCluster as well as a trickster RB/WR/KR. A flier on a later round RB would be good too.

What I don't want to see is spending a lot of money or a high draft pick on the position.

I think Greene/McFadden/McCluster would be a good 3 headed combo for next season. This is a position I think we need to forever put a cost-effective approach towards filling.

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

TE's are highly coveted in the league now, with that kind of athletic ability. Ie; Graham, Davis, Thomas, Gronk, etc...I am surprised there is no talk...Granted, I know they have Walker. Personally, I think Walker will be fine and that he did alright last year. The team had many issues on offense that were not totally his fault. He also made some big catches. I highly doubt they will or need to go TE. On the other hand, Taylor Thompson is garbage, Craig Stevens is boring and a blocker, so as crazy as it sounds...It may not be a terrible pick if those 2 guys end up kicking rocks at some point right? Thoughts gang?

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

The RB position needs addressed. I am sorry, this isn't a CJ thread, but time to go....It's better for the team performance as well as attitude. I say they take a mid draft runner, and if you get a good deal on a solid FA, let him duke it out with Greene. Win win...Depth and more options. Time to put a spark in this run game. New life! I am still mad that we didn't take the Terminator at fullback. The dude is a monster.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

CJ has been known to flop for free yards, you could be right.

10. TitansWillWin2

McFadden is worse than CJ!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar