Tennessee Titans Positional Review: QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Feb 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clayriddick

Clayriddick Special Teams Standout

Ok let me word it this way. Let's get Schaub daft a L.B frist round running back 2nd around D end 3 pick

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

They aren't saying that Jake is our QB. It would be easy to put the question to rest, but they haven't. I wouldn't be surprised to see them take a QB early in the draft.

I just can't see them going into 2014 with the same QB situation as 2013. One can't stay healthy for more than a four game stretch and the other, even when he plays well, is incapable of winning games......not a good combination.

They've got to change it up.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

When your QB has over a 110 passer rating and the team loses, it's likely for other reasons than the QB.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Is that English?:huh:

5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

problem is TJ, how many times a year does our qb have over a 110 rating?? 1 game? maybe a 2nd game? Then boom down he goes and in comes our backup? I think 2002 was the last season we had a qb play in all 16 games plus playoff games. We need health at this position as well as brains and accuracy!

6. 615nick

615nick Starter

this why we will take an early qb this year. idt wiz will want his first season to end as disappointing as the last and for the reasons you stated I think the fo only has one choice...draft

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

McCown, Vick, Freeman, Shaun Hill, Henne, Flynn, & Grossman

sooo not really

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

TJ, from the numbers I've seen about Fitz contract we would save 2.8mil if we cut him. If cut he would cost us 875K in dead money this yr.

Personally I'm for saving the money and going young/cheap...cut Fitz, look to draft a mid rnd QB, See how the young guys look in OTAs. If they don't seem up to it then pick up a cheap vet FA. You don't see many of the well run franchises spending a bunch of cap money on their backup QB.

If Locker isn't the guy then be in position to draft one next yr.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm nervous as well.

Locker - Can't stay healthy
    Fitz - Can't complete a pass

Keep Locker. Cut Fitz. Sign Schaub (cheap). Draft 4th round QB.

10. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

Locker is clearly going to be a Titan next year. If he stays healthy, he's the best QB in sight of the Titans. We're not going to draft a QB in the first round. Titans want Locker to be the franchise guy, and no one wants a 1st round draft pick holding a clipboard.

Fitz could be replaced with another veteran, but outside of Vick, there aren't any that are arguably better.

Wilson may not make the team. If he was a Loggains boy, Whiz may not have any interest. If he has no guaranteed money, he's not really a Titan yet. He was just invited to training camp next year.

Whiz struggled after Warner left because he had scrubs for QBs. Why would he want to attach his name to a 4th round pick? If I'm Whiz, I'll roll with Locker this year. If it doesn't work out, I'll say, "Okay, that was your guy. I'm going to select the next one in the 1st round of the 2015 draft".

I like Locker and I'm hoping he overcomes his injuries and becomes a warrior for years to come. He's dedicated, talented and likeable. I hope he has a solid 2014 and turns that into a longterm contract. And I hope we spend our 2014 draft on other players that will actually play, not hold clipboards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar