Tennessee Titans Positional Review: QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Feb 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

very likeable guy.no question.

I am just looking forward to this year, so we can either establish him as worthy, or cut ties on this much dragged-out opinion of him. I'm tired of waiting. Entering your 4th season, you should kind of know where a player is heading.. and we have no idea. Him being top half in the league, or a total bum.. both are real possibilities.

2. nickmsmith

The strong arm is not questionable, you're right. The scrambling may be hampered by his injuries, or by him trying to stay in the pocket more.

But most importantly, his consistency and ability to play for even 3/4 of a season are the major things.

3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

SERIOUSLY smith is very mobile, didn't you watch the kc colts game, dude was running like his name was kapernick, also Rodgers is mobile, just cuz they are pass first doesn't mean they can just "move" when they run they CAN run

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

My problem with Locker is he needs to play smart which he hasn't been. No one is questioning his heart,arm strength, work ethic,etc.. Jake is a scrambling QB, I get that and love it but with that being said for f$cks sake be smart not stupid. There's situations where it's warranted and needed but there are also times where it's OK to slide or throw the ball away and that decision making is what he lacks. 18-32 in 2 seasons with 3 significant injuries to his foot,shoulder,and hip. The hip was just bad luck but you know what no one cares about bad luck, it's football. He's got more injuries then Mac did his first 2 years starting. Again love the warrior mentality but I'm not sold on the guy until he plays a full season. Showing "promise" doesn't mean jack if you can't stay on the field.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

One of the things most love about Locker is he is a competitor and will do whatever it takes to make a play. But Jake has to learn when to pick his battles. The tackle against the Pats was just stupid.

Beyond learning when to pick his battles, Jake can help himself with experience. For example, the Jet's injury was because he didn't make the read fast enough and held the ball. Same with the bad read against the Texans. Experience has to help.

The only injury which was caused by running in the open field is the current one. How much do you blame Locker when the call was made by Loggains? The injury wasn't because of contact but Locker planting his foot. That's just dumb luck.

Going back to his days at Washington, guess how he received a season-ending injury to his thumb? He was trying to make a block on a reverse. Took 12 pins to fix. Again, bad luck but the play calls for the QB to do something he rarely does.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

Other than durability there's really nothing you can say is questionable. He's not just a game manager like Trent Dilfer (probably someone you love), or Matt Hasselbeck (someone you love), but he can control a game he has the tools.

7. nickmsmith

lol. name calling. That hurts. Cuts me deep.

Sorry you can't handle any Locker criticism. I legitimately hope he proves me wrong.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

I really can't handle criticism on either Locker or CJ, even though both might not be Titans very long. It's funny because they are complete opposites (Locker and CJ) on the field. CJ being durable, selfish, inconsistent (in terms of developing), and possibly past his prime. Locker being injury prone, selfless, consistently improving, and not in his prime yet. I don't think it's fair about the judgments you give these guys based on comparing CJ to players like AD, and Locker to Wilson.

Locker will become a Matt Stafford, they play almost the exact same style both with very strong arms he just needs to be smarter and no one can say our OL is as good. Just look at the stats, the reason Stafford stayed healthy this season: Detroit was 2nd in the league in sacks allowed.

9. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

I get what your saying but this goes beyond just his 3 injuries he got whether it was his fault or not. There were plays in those 18 games where he could of been smarter and avoided the big hit. Like somebody mentioned earlier, every time he ran I held my breath because I knew he wasn't going to slide or throw the ball away. Did he get hurt ? No but history is not exactly on his side and at some point a light needs to go off in his head. I saw what everybody saw, "flashes"/ "promise." But where has that gotten us ? A question mark at one of the most important positions. Here we are trying to evaluate this guy the past 2 seasons over a handful of games which isn't fair to him but it is what it is. Call it bad luck,sh'ty decision making or whatever but something has gotta change or else he is not going to make it.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

One word, well two I guess - Larry Warford.

If only we were smart enough to get the best rookie lineman, maybe we'd be a playoff team, but nooo, we had to go waste a top 10 pick on a Guard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar