Tennessee Titans - Best 2011 Draft?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

1st - Jake Locker (QB)
    2nd - Akeem Ayers (LB)
    3rd - Jurrell Casey (DT)
    4th - Colin McCarthy (LB)
    4th - Jamie Harper (RB)
    5th - Karl Klug (DL)
    6th - Byron Stingily (OT)
    7th - Zach Clayton (DT)
    7th - Tommie Campbell (CB)

We can all agree Locker has looked great in limited action. 96.6 rating, 400+ yards, 3 pass TD's, 1 rush TD and 0 turnovers.

Ayers has been a starter at LB since day one, has made 60 tackles & 2 sacks

Casey has started at DT since day one, has 41 tackles, 1 sack and 1 forced fumble. Is replacing our big gap in the middle.

McCarthy may be the most impressive thus far. Since taking over Ruud at MLB, he's been a standout and people around the league are taking notice. 48 tackles, 2 fumbles forced, 1 interception & 1 fumble recovered.

Klug has probably been the most surprising since he's the one we least expected to make an impact out of the group of guys that have. He hasn't been an every down player yet leads the team with 6 sacks and also has 2 fumbles forced.

Tommie Campbell has a return TD where he showed some serious speed and potential to be a long term returner. I also like his abilities at CB and maybe a move to S. He's going to be a good player. Even if he doesn't pan out, it's likely the first 5 guys on my list will.

Harper, Stingily & Clayton haven't done anything yet (no surprise).

So my question is, did the Titans have the best 2011 draft? If not us, who and why? Let's discuss!

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Depends on Locker.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

As BigT said, it basically depends on Locker. Im VERY happy with this draft, though. I can't remember one that has turned out better.

The fact that we were able to put most of these guys into games their first season, and have them be very productive is a nice change. I'll be very interested to see what we do next year without having to worry about getting a QB.

4. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Imagine if the next draft turns out the way this one did.I think if Locker plays well this team could be at the top of the AFC in the next season or two.

Green Bay built its winning team mostly through the draft....

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'd have to see other teams drafts and what kind of contributions their rookies have made. It's hard to imagine anyone having a better draft though.

Funny... Fisher leaves and suddenly we have our best draft yet. Hmm...

6. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Bengals had a pretty good one just based on the first 2 picks with Green and Dalton. Not sure what they have after that, but those 2 turned out pretty well.

7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I'll admit i thought when Fisher first left we might experience a downward spiral but getting rid of him ended up being a huge benefit.I doubt very seriously if Fisher would've had us at 7-6 especially with his archaic and conservative planning.Munchak has definitely gambled way more than Fisher ever would especially on 4th downs.Also we most likely would've been stuck with Collins again and in my opinion he was a big part of what was wrong with this team the last couple years.Almost forgot Fish's draft might've been quite different and not in a good way....

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

That's the way to do it. Draft picks are usually signed to long term contracts. Nowadays, those contracts are cheap. Vince Young's contract was bigger then this entire draft class :stunned:

This class has clearly been excellent for us. Every player has performed extremely well in their time on the field. Obviously, though, it's all on Locker. He's young and raw right now. Athleticism and a cannon arm. He's shown some great stuff, but he clearly needs some more grooming and developing. Either way, our defense just got quite a bit better and younger. We needed that, and could use some more next year.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I hope in the first two rounds next year, we add a pass rushing DE and hard hitting S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar