Tennessee Titans 2017 NFL Draft Grades

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Apr 29, 2017.

?
  1. A+

10.0%
  2. A

10.0%
  3. A-

15.7%
  4. B+

32.9%
  5. B

20.0%
  6. B-

5.7%
  7. C+

2.9%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

1.4%
  10. D+

1.4%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

The way we drafted plus the comments Mularkey and company said late last year (second jags game maybe) that they wanted to come out in more 11p because that's where Mariota had thrived lately seem to suggest we will be at least be seeing some more modern offense this year.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Everyone knows you cant accurately grade a draft until a couple years down the road. But if I had to put a grade on it today Id go B+

Corey Davis was my #1 rated WR, and Adoree Jackson was my #2 CB. At picks 5 and 18 walking away with a drafts #1 & #2 guys at their positions is a hell of a thing. Im much more excited to take the field now with those 2 in the lineup..

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Everyone hopping on the wagon

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Agreed...they try him outside first. And unlike most other people, we need decent size at nickel since a lot of teams try to run at us out of our '4-2' look which makes the nickel an important run d player. Question is, how will he do starting outside from day 1? Both of these questions have a lot to do with our coverage this year. Are we gonna play a lot of single high S man? Off man? Two deep man? Cover (tampa) 2? C3? Zone blitz, or mix it up? Adoree seems more comfortable and effective in zone at the moment where he can read and react. So do we play him outside and at least mix a healthy dose of zone/zoneblitz this year or stay man single high 70-85%? In addition to Jackson's development, this could mean the difference between him bringing down 4+ INT's and fewer TD's given up or less INT's and more TD's given up. or does Jackson develop enough that quickly that it doesn't matter?

Also, how does Reed do in the slot vs outside? Could also end up with Jackson starting outside but kicking inside in nickel or some packages. His and Weems and Khalfani's special teams could come into play here too depending on how close they are. If Reed and Jackson are close but Jackson is vastly superior in the return game, they may let Reed play outside and use up Jackson across D and special teams.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Why can't he predict? That's what they spend months doing!

The safe thing is NOT to move up and let the players fall to you. Moving up is riskier simply because you have fewer players in premium rounds selected. Conklin cost us a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick over two drafts. Take Decker, the next OT and we have an extra 3rd last year and 2nd this year. Or we could have taken Eli Apple and fixed one cb spot last year and gotten a Pro Bowl RT for a contract instead of draft currency. We do have 448mil doing nothing for us on the field.

Not spending almost $50mil of our cap because none of the 100+ free agents is 'our kinda guy' is silly...to say the least. Not all free agents will be perfect, but you need to fill some holes, take smart chances, and use stop gaps when necessary. Otherwise, you're left with Parrish Cox, McCourty and a question mark starting at CB and costing us a playoff berth. Which is smarter?

6. Clark

I believe my previous thoughts on the rotation are going to withstand the new line up- It's going to be Ryan and Adoree outside in base and Sims will come in and push Ryan inside in nickel. Strong run D is his calling card, would be pretty asinine to not use him there. Also Ryan's coverage skills lend to the idea that we run more zone as well- because frankly that's where he's also had to play...

If we come out in the single high (worthless safety) sets and just man up like we did last season, NONE of these secondary signings make much sense.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

8. Clark

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Not sure I agree with all of these. I like Tarik Cohen and all. It is just that every year there are at least a few guys who are going to be "The next Darren Sproles". More often then not those guys flop so I am can only be cautiously optimistic.

I still think the list his hit or miss. Pocic and Elflein are good additions there but what about Lamp? And Garrett Bolles? While he will play and I think eventually be good but I am not sure how soon that is.

Some guys I think should have made the list:
    • Tre'Davious White -- Very polished player who is going to a team who needs him right away
    • Gareon Conley should have an impact if it turns out he did not rape that woman............... or if his attorney is successful shaming and bullying her into dropping the charges
    • John Ross -- Going into an amazing situation where teams will not be able to focus down on him

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

What he said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar