Tennessee is a Prime Coaching Destination

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Jan 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

All you are doing is IGNORING HIS RECORD and repeating the same gibberish coming from the talking heads in the media. THE SAME MEDIA FIGURES WHO CLAIMED METTENBERGER WAS A FRANCHISE QB....and that it would be a mistake to take Mariota with our 1st Rd pick last year. They are all on the azz-end of reality, and you want to continue believing what they are feeding you?

If you draw your conclusions based on the noise you hear on ESPN and NFL Network, you're going to be wrong as often as you would be right. You are basing your view on their view, which is oftentimes pure BS. Charley Casserly comes to mind, as does Paul Kuharsky. Both of them were dead wrong about Mett vs Mariota...and we'd be in a world of chit if this organization had listened to that noise.

Do you honestly believe Kelly's offense would have regressed this year, if Mariota had slid to him in the draft? HELL NO it wouldn't have! You'd have to be a dumb SOB to believe otherwise. So, if his offense would have gotten considerably better with Marcus, why do you suppose it wouldn't here....pray tell?

#141 TitanUpB4UGO, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

So you expect Chip Kelly to learn from all his mistakes he made and correct them in less than a month because we have Mariota? Do you expect our players to respect and play harder under Kelly than they did for Wisenhunt?

3. CuseTitansFan

CuseTitansFan Starter

I think by Sunday afternoon we can expect the Titans will have hired a GM and all the coaching interviews will fall into place. I feel a little less panicked now.

4. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

What mistakes? HE IS NOT GOING TO BE A GM ANY LONGER! What part of that don't you understand? Everybody knows his offense would have been hitting on all cylinders with Marcus running it, in Philly...that's why they were hoping like crazy Mariota would fall to them, in the 1st Rd.

Again....real easy like, since people here seem to have trouble grasping this simple reality...If Chip Kelly got to draft Mariota last year, he is still coaching in Philly and they are getting ready for the playoffs.

See. Wasn't that easy enough to understand? It's not hard.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

He made mistakes as a coach too. His relationship with several players is not something you just ignore all together. His offense has regressed every year. What's so hard to understand about that? I don't care anymore about the Mariota connection because Mariota can play in any scheme. The question is would he reach his full potential with Kelly? Or would our offense be figured out by year 2?

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. ropy0386

ropy0386 Starter

Robinson or Ballard for GM is a complete win - Paton and, to a lesser degree, Mayhew would be the next tier. I think Ballard would be my #1 pick - Robinson would be my pick if we go after Josh Daniels.

7. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Just curious.....do you live in Oregon, and/or are an Oregon fan?
    It's cool if you are....nothing wrong with it....but I've noticed you have been an the Chip Kelly train in a lot of posts.

8. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

"Regressed" is a VERY relative term. Every coach has had a year where they've taken a step back, for one reason or another. I look at the numbers, cause they don't have an axe to grind. Stats & records don't lie. The guy is the winningest candidate in the discussion...PERIOD. When I hear you say "his offense has regressed," I know you are merely regurgitating the nonsense you are hearing on ESPN and such.

He was trying to IMPROVE the QB play by trading for Bradford, and then bringing in Murray and Matthews to replace one RB (McCoy). You can fault him for that, but again THAT IS A GM/PERSONNEL DECISION! He won't be making those decisions, henceforth. What part of that don't you get? The criticisms all surround his personnel decisions as the team's GM. It was too early in his NFL career to get that much overall authority. Lesson learned, and he knows he won't be making those kinds of decisions at his next stop.

He tried to upgrade the QB and RB position, and it didn't work out. Bradford wasn't a scrub...he played well for the most part, but he's not a great fit for Kelly's system. Nor was Foles or Sanchez. That's the problem with winning his first two years in. You don't really get to draft the QB you want, when you need to draft one.

He had a bad hand to play, and I can't fault him for hoping Murray could adjust to his scheme and provide the kind of production he did the season before. If Murray played as well for Philly as he did in Dallas, he's not even in the Coaching search discussion. For a Coach who....REGRESSED...he was one game from winning the division this year!

You can try to find all the cynical talking points about Kelly you want, but at the end of the day, they don't hold water to the numbers. 10-6, 10-6 and 6-9. I watched much of that Redskins game and if Murray secures the ball before trying to run with it...as a few other players did the same, then they win that game, too. Murray was having a good game up to that point.

To get a good coach from another team, you have to hope they stumble enough to make that team let them go. That's what happened with Kelly.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

All I'm saying is the guy isn't the best option right now as you make it out to believe.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

The coach still needs to work with the GM and GM needs to consider the coach's requests.

As outsiders, we now have a glimpse into what Kelly would whisper into the GM's ear. ALL of those horrible personnel decisions, and honestly I don't want any of Kelly's influence to taint the GM's decisions.

Further more, he has some serious player concerns. Players don't like him, and they don't like playing for him.

Then their is his coaching scheme. It doesn't really translate to the NFL. NFL Defenses are just too quick compared to the competition you get in college. I don't think he was able to adapt to that. He JUST recently failed too, it is very hard to make a case to go sign him when you have other guys out in the open market like:

A) A guy who made the laziest QB in the game look solid - Gase
    B) A guy who was able to improve the Bengals Offense - Hue
    C) A guy who has been very successful in NE who has been known to adapt with injuries and an average supporting cast. - McDanciels

You can make your case as to why we should have Kelly all you want but at the end of the day, there is just too much riding against him for anyone to realistically consider that as an option, currently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar