Tennessean Goes Mac-crazy...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

Wow, that's a lot of stuff about McNair.

I never realized that in 99 he didn't really have good stats. You forget how much Eddie really meant to that offense. Didn't hurt to have good D.

Remarkable to look at how much he used to run. I forgot about the 91 rushing yards in the Jacksonville game...

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

You must have Rolltide on ignore.

3. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

McNair never really had great stats except for his MVP year, but he was always a great QB.

4. McNair was never allowed to be the focus of the offense until 2001. If he had been, I think we'd have looked on him in a whole new light...

5. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

yeah, I think Fish used EG a little bit too much, its not a bad thing because EG was that type of RB, but we really never showcased all of Steve's talent cause we were a run, run, then pass team- which is why EG burned out, if we were more balanced we could have had Eddie for about 2 more seasons and right now Steve would have about 2 MVP's, 5 Pro Bowls, and there would be talks if he is a HOFer, I think Fish has learned from it and LenDale and VY will be prolly be more balanced

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol

7. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

ROFL:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

8. Sledge

Sledge Guest

which might be another reason for eddie's sub-4.00 ypc average over his career. there was a point where everybody expected us to run 75% of the time. heck, I can't recall a 3rd down and short play when we didn't go to eddie. it often got frustrating at times. we won most of those games, but the 2001 season was especially painful...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar