Tenn vs Pitt - MaxPayne will be there

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MaxPayne, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm just always suspicious of people who talk about "real fans." It's always a strange discussion, and I'm not sure why people include it.

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

[​IMG]

Show that Heinz Field grass who's boss!

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Love Marky Mark, but that movie was pure crap.

4. MaxPayne

MaxPayne 1st Team

Well buddies i hate how someo0ne can like 2 teams? or w/e to me that is weak sauce and also the real fans know who they are..they are loyal to 1 team and 1 team only..JMO

-Payne2k

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

There's exceptions to every rule. "One team and one team only" is ok, but there are plenty of justifications for liking more than one team. Sure, I don't believe that you can have two "favorites" or two teams that are "your team," but I think you can like other teams for other reasons. Someone who grows up in one city and has a lifelong love of a certain team can still support the local team in the city that they live in later in life.

I'm more bothered by people who pretend to be excited and big fans of the titans, but can't name more than 5 people on the team, and don't know how well the team is doing.

However, I don't think there's such a thing as a "true fan." I do think there are plenty of "fans" that don't live up well to the label.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Last year, I brought a friend to the Vikings game and Steelers game...

I asked her to name at least five current Titans. She didn't name one current Titan. She named Frank Wycheck, Eddie George, and Steve McNair. :facepalm: At least she knew a few great ones from the past, but this is just how my friends are. They don't know what the hell is going on, yet they consider themselves fan.

7. MaxPayne

MaxPayne 1st Team

I agree completely “GoTitans” i have lived in San Antonio all my life there is no football team in this city, the only thing closest is the Dallas Cowgirls. I stayed with the Oilers/Titans when they moved to Nashville. And no doubt that people of Houston hate us when I go up there to watch a game. But that to me is a true fan who stuck with the team though thick and then. Of course some people don’t know anything about the team and live in Nashville and that’s fine all I’m saying is that people shouldn’t be allowed to have (2) teams in my mind. I guess its different if you where to grow up in Nashville and didn’t have a team to root for. SO I agree with you on that part but the bottom line is that I bleed white/sky-blue.

To The Fans that want to post something about the team and don’t know about shouldn’t be able to post..

-MaxPIZZIL2K

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar