Tenn-UGA

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Hoffa, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Why are the Vols a 1.5 point favorite to win this game? I think they might win, but I'm surprised they're favored to win, especially after UGA beat Alabama on the road.

Does this game play a big part in Fulmer's future as HC? I think Fulmer's has grown complacent and should probably step down at season's end for the good of the program.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

He has to win this one or the door will be slamming shut on him

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Put up or shut up time for Fulmer. If he loses this game, it will take a miracle to turn this season around.

I've been a big supporter of Fulmer and even if he tanks this season I'm not 100% sure he should be fired, but my guess is that if he loses to UGA, he'll likely also lose at least two more. If that happens, UT fans will be showing up at his door in the middle of the night.

Actually, if they lose to UGA, I'm turning off local call in shows for the rest of the season. I love the Vols, but dayum we have some whining fans.

4. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Fulmer is terrrrrrrrrible.

5. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Who would have predicted at the start of the season that the vols d would be their weak link so far? Maybe I'm fooling myself but I expect more out of Chavis and the D.

6. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Wouldn't you guess it's because they're playing at Neyland?

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Yeah probably, but Georgia did beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa and they've beaten UT in Knoxville 3 times in a row, so the road and Neyland doesn't bother them so much.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

As much as I hate to say it, I'll be shocked if they win four of their remaining eight games.

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

via Profootballtalk.com (I Know, I Know)

KEEP AN EYE ON TENNESSEE, TOO

"One of our friends in the media advises us that SEC guru Scott Moore said on Steve Czaban's FOX Sports Radio show this morning that, if Tennessee loses to Georgia this weekend, Phil Fulmer won't be back in 2008 as coach of the Volunteers.

If that happens, Moore said emphatically that the two primary candidates to replace him will be Jon Gruden and Bill Cowher.

Though Gruden is most often linked at the college level to Notre Dame, his wife was a Tennessee cheerleader. And with the money being paid to college coaches skyrocketing, it might not be much of a hit, if any, to the change purse for Gruden, if he leaves the NFL."

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

The name I keep hearing in Knoxville is Jim Leavitt, head coach of the University of South Florida.

-edit- I've heard Gruden's name mentioned as well, but I think mostly because his wife is from the area.

I think Cowher's name is an obligatory mention for any NFL or prominent NCAA opening. haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar