Tenders Set for Restricted Free Agents

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Tennessee Titans tendered their restricted free agents today. David Stewart received a first-round tender at $2.017 million. Rob Bironas and Bo Scaife were offered second-round tenders worth $1.47 million each. Casey Cramer (seventh round), Vincent Fuller (fourth), Reynaldo Hill (seventh), and Daniel Loper (fifth) all received one-year deals worth $927,000. Restricted free agents are eligible to sign contract sheets with other teams and the Titans would then have one week to match the offer or receive a 2008 draft pick as compensation for losing the player. The Titans also agreed to one-year contracts with Ahmard Hall and Sean Conover, both exclusive rights free agents.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I bet they all stay put. I thought maybe Loper would get a 2nd round tender based on the questions on the interior of the line. But maybe he hasn't really played enough to get much notice....or maybe they don't think he's that good :ha:

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Im a little worried about Bironas only getting a second round tender

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

im not. i don't think any team would be willing to give up a second round pick on a kicker, and if they were we would certainly match their offer.

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I don't know that I agree with your first point, the Jets used a second rounder on a kicker two years ago so I could definately see someone pull that trigger for a proven commodity, but I definately think we'd match almost any offer he might get

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I doubt anyone goes hard after Loper but we would have an opportunity to match the offer and even if he leaves we get a 5th round pick and the OTs are deep this year in the draft.

7. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Yeah. The team could also make it tough to match by including a "poison pill" like making the contract guaranteed if Bironas played in 4 games at LP Field. A Hutchinson type thing.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Vinny Fuller shoulda got a first round tender. The guy is all class.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar