Tejas & Arkansas

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GoT, Jan 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Downward sprawl and upward migration and associated industries are mostly behind these numbers. There's plenty of Rick Perrys spread throughout the south - where the bulk of the states are horrendous in job growth.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

as compared to where?

TN does better than most. In my lifetime has went from TGFM (Thank God For Mississippi) to at least average if not better by most measures

#3 GoT, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  4. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

I remembering hearing something about the muslim free gun range.. I wonder what their targets look like on the inside..

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I imagine there's about a thousand state by state job growth rankings out there online. You pick..

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Like it or not Cruds is partly right. Many states run lock stock and barrell by
    pubs have higher unemployment rates than the national average and smaller econonomies per capita. After 40 years of sun belt growth that should not be.

Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia all have unemployment rates higher than the national average. Texas on the other hand is wel below at 4.6%.

No correlation at all at the state of national level that pubs are better for the economy and many southern states have higher than average taxes. Alabama, Mississippi and Georgia have high taxes. This image of pubs being better for business and for lower tax rates is bullcrap!

I see a move to taboo in the future for this thread.

#7 RollTide, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

What looks clear is Obama's amazing job growth is mostly happening in Texas, a highly conservative state.

And of course we always love to ignore those that fall off of "unemployment" benefits because they've been unemployed so long they are no longer eligible. But hey it makes the figures look great!

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

As a long- standing defender of Republican ideology for most of my life until I started actually checking the facts (starting when Dole and Clinton sold us down the river with NAFTA), I have to say that Rolltide is spot on here (and you should know how that hurts me). GOP talking points are just that: talking points. They have no basis in any fact or statistic. Most depressing was the finding that Red States take the most welfare and tax money and return the least benefits from it. Basically they're robbing us; pissing on us and telling us it's raining.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar