Ted Ginn to San Fran

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thesaurus, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I think kick return average and starting field position go pretty much hand in hand.

I think B Marshall had a lot to do with it.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Just to think i wanted this guy really bad when he came out in 07. It's amazing how some guys talent doesn't translate to the NFL.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Ginn isn't very good, he is a 1st round bust and has a case of brick hands.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

His punt return average has declined every season since his rookie year and he averaged 25 yards on kick returns last season which was his best so far. His career KR average is just a yard more than what Britt gave the Titans last season.

But Lowry would have made him a stud. ;)

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I think SF stole this kid. Sure, he hasn't lived up to the high expectations that come along with being drafted so high in the 1st round but then again which 1st round pick hasn't been a disappointment as of late.

With Crabtree and Davis getting most of the attention, Ginn should be able to quietly sneak under the radar and make some plays.

Overall, I think both teams came away feeling good about this deal.

6. Big Time Titan

I said the same thing about Alvin Pearman. :ha:

7. EZMoney

EZMoney Camp Fodder

I would have liked to seen him with the titans. 5th round is not bad for this guy.

8. Big Time Titan

I was thinking the same thing. I know his hands were suspect as far as work at WR but he was a d@mn good KR.

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

or you coulda showed this video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyPtJF-IgPc

either way i read everyone's thing and i'd bank on his speed - after seeing what CJ (the fastest player in the nfl) did for us, who knows in our system the kid could be great (at returning) - he still a blazing force...

anyone who can burn Revis i want. if you notice henne had time, young can create time, this kid could have been a pacman type player on offense (ie x-factor on short slants and screen passes), a very viable deep threat and who knows under our system could be a top returner. 3 birds with 1 stone....alas another missed opportunity... i would definitely say thats worth a 5th

nevertheless, those were some DISGUSTING drops....

10. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

Aric Morris Strong Safety Michigan State
    Frank Chamberlin Linebacker Boston College
    eddie berlin wr
    Jake Schifino Wide Receiver Akron
    Donnie Nickey Safety Ohio State !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jacob Bell Guard Miami (OH)
    Rob Reynolds Linebacker Ohio State
    Damien Nash Running back Missouri
    Daniel Loper Offensive Tackle Texas Tech
    Terna Nande Linebacker Miami (Ohio)
    Jesse Mahelona Defensive Tackle Tennessee
    Antonio Johnson Defensive tackle Mississippi State
    No 5th here cuz we gave away draft picks to get rid of pacman (got owned by Jerry)
    Javon Ringer Running back Michigan State

im not saying drafting good 5th rounders is easy, but come on dude, r u really gunna find a better KR/PR than tedd ginn based on past evidence... r u really gunna find a better use for that 5th rounder than santonio holmes..... even if hes suspended and cant play...

there were a few 0 risk/decent reward opportunities out there this year and were over here talkin about how rod hood, tye hill, mcourtney, and mouton are going to compete for a starting CB spot. wtf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar