Ted Ginn to San Fran

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thesaurus, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thesaurus

Thesaurus Starter

According to PFT:

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that Ginn has been traded to the 49ers for a 2010 late-round draft pick.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

of course

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I have to say I like what they are building in San Fran. Looks like the franchise is finally getting turned around.

4. savage99ss

savage99ss Starter

so weak.....would have been a perfect fit in TN.....

5. xpmar9x

It was for a 5th rounder..

6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

it's pathetic we can't make these kind of deals. Absolutely pathetic.

7. xpmar9x

So far a 5th rounder has gotten a Super bowl MVP and a speedy 9th overall pick a few years ago.

I would of traded a 4th rounder for Teddy!!

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I would have done a 5th, but not a 4th. Maybe with an escalator clause. Too bad.

9. Pjames32

Pjames32 Starter

Wow I really wish we could have gotten him for a 5th. He would have immediately solved our return problems. O well, hopefully we get someone in the draft that can do that.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Reporter: So Coach Fisher what do you think of the Dolphins trading a proven returner like Tedd Ginn to the 49ers for a 5th rnd pick?

Jeff Fisher:I have a lot of faith in the guys we have on the roster now.

We've got a lot of young guys who'll compete for the return spot. Last year was good experience for them and this season they'll be ready to play.

Honestly I think this is the best team I've ever had here in Nashville coming into this season.

Reporter:Okayyyy?

Do you think that the Titans could have improved by adding a player like Ginn for such a bargain price?

Jeff Fisher: You have to look at the market as a whole.We don't have a 2nd rnd pick this year so to trade away a 5th rnd pick has to represent exceptional value.

Reporter: You don't think that the trade represented value?

Jeff Fisher: We have a lot of needs and a 5th rnd pick gives us flexibility to pick the best player available on the board.

Reporter: Were the Titans in the market for Ginn.

Fisher:We're always in the market for good players that become available.

Reporter: Arrrgh!!!!!!!!!!:wall:

• High Five High Five x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar