TDOT and road brine

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big TT, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah its gonna be an ugly commute this evening

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

If you are talking straight sand, it doesn't last at all. It doesn't adhere to the snow and ice and gets swept off the road after a few cars. It also clogs up storm drains and clouds the waterways.

The only benefit is cost.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

No, it doesn't PREVENT icing any more than a Schwartz defense prevents the opponent from winning, but it does lower the specific gravity of water which it turn lowers it's freeze point...which is to say it doesn't keep ice off the field but it keeps the water and ice from making big plays.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol

I like sand, but it has too be done stratgically. Got to do it BEFORE the commute time, but they never ask me what they should do. I honestly think they just do whatever is cheaper so they can at least claim they did something no matter how ineffective it is.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I didn't have too many problems driving tonight... But while on the topic of Tennessee roads , Granny White is currently the worst road in the world. Just sayin'.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Are you guys seeing snow down there? It just rains up here where I'm at. Can't believe it's been in the 50's all week in southern CT in January.

7. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

OK, how did you become a Titans fan living in Connecticut?

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm originally from TN.

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

how did you end up in the North :sad2:

10. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

It makes your car corrode. Salt does that to metal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar