TD or 100-yards, what comes first for CJ?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Gut

Gut Starter

I hope a TD because I'm not sure he'll crack 100 yds. This is not to knock CJ, but look at what we have done so far.

Against the Steelers we just pounded the rock big set against their 8 man front. At times it was great, at times it was ugly. But when we get close to the goal line, Battle will probably get the carries! Our passing game was on the conservative side and we focused on not turning the ball over, moving the chains and controlling the clock.

I think CJ will get the carries and we can and should open it more then the Steelers, but we may be a lot more conservative then against SD.

Hopefully, CJ breaks a long run and gets a nice long TD...perhaps breaking the 100yd mark AND getting a TD at the same time!!!;)

Gut
  2. SATitan

SATitan Starter

Ill take a W over either one if those two choices.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Starter

Hopefully a TD (or 2) comes first. I'm all for the big yardage..but yards don't win games, TDs do!
  4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Idk. Our run blocking has been very good and CJ had been getting tough yards. No home runs but drive extending, hard fought yards every week. His 25/75/0 against Pittsburgh was as nice as a 25/75/0 game can be.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  5. WV2SoCalTitan

WV2SoCalTitan Special Teams Standout

My money is on td first, but what if he's at 99 yards and scores a 1 yard td.
  6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I say score just because I feel he make break some long ones this week. I think he'll do it early so that'll mean he'll have to score 1st.

I'm expecting a big game from him. This is around the time he got going last year and he's already started off with a better year. Plus Locker is coming into his own and could take some of the pressure off of him.
  7. Dman

Dman Starter

I am sure CJ will appreciate some pressure of him which Locker does finally bring to the table. Locker is developing but I think he finally plays well enough for teams not to stuff the box and cj gets some yards despite the jets defense being very good
  8. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

I think last week when cj almost scored they should have left him in. I honestly believe he would have scored. But instead battle didn't come through and we had to settle for a fg.
  9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Everyone has a big Battle boner. He's predictable.... We nearly always run it straight forward when he's out there. He's had a handful of good runs this year but CJ deserves those goal line carries.
  10. 520

520 Starter

or wha if hes at 1 yard and bust a 99 yard td