Taylor Thompson's future?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Nov 5, 2014.

?
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The Titans just placed TE Taylor Thompson on injured reserve ending his season. This brings me to wonder if his time as a Titan has come to an end....

TT as we know is a converted DE from college, and this preseason he finally looked like he figured things out with 13 catches for 154-yards. Three games into the regular TT goes down with a knee injury finishing his 3rd NFL season with just 2 catches for 24-yards.

TT is under contract for one more season after 2014, so in all likelihood this isn't the last we've seen of him. But is there enough there to continue the TT Project? Or should the team look to replace the back-up TE?

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yes. He'll make the team. Stevens ain't gonna be here. Who else are we gonna keep as the #2 TE?... unless we drafted one in the first few rounds, which would be beyond dumb.

3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Wtf seriously I.r.??

4. JCBRAVE

Or we could sign a free agent...

say Julius Thomas? :eek:

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

We could give him $40 million and then have on the field for only 30% of the snaps.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Taylor is not a #2 TE on any NFL team. He is basically a special teams player/emergency TE. If he has any future, it's in that role.

7. JCBRAVE

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I disagree because he's a great blocker, and that is the role of most #2 TEs.

He also showed major improvement in the preseason.

Disappointing to not have him playing this season.

9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I actually think TE is a big need going into the offseason. I wouldn't want to draft one high, but I would definitely go the FA route on one. Worked out well with Delani, and I think having 2 good TEs on the team would help open things up (esp for a young QB). We could run more 3 TE sets which we basically can't even do right now.

Looks like several good TEs are scheduled to be FAs ... at least a few should hit the market. I would grab 2 TEs (one top tier FA and one average FA)

Nicely fills a hole and still allows us to draft D

10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Whiz is saying the right things but I honestly think he doesn't like the TT project. Whiz is very peculiar with players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar