Taylor Thompson defines the Titans....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan Yapper, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Locker rolled out while Thompson was running down the sideline. When it looked like Locker was about to run the DB came up while Thompson kept going down the field. He raised his arm signaling for the ball while still running and when Locker sees him he launches the ball. Thompson stops and starts back peddling for the ball. Locker was throwing the ball assuming Thompson was going to continue down the sideline like normal people do which is why it went right over his head. Boom.

2. titans backbone

titans backbone Rookie

GUYS Thompson was as open as you can get, and he had been open for a looooooooong time, he had to wave badly for locker to actually see it.

Im not saying the pass should have been perfect but that pass was awful and the TE stopped because he was sooo open that he didnt understand why the ball wasn't already on the way.

Locker is accurate for some throws and inaccurate on others. That was a bad one.

Thompson did look awkward but a good throw wouldn't have made him look that bad

Im mad at our o-line because the pressure locker got him out of his comfort zone, I saw at least 2 routes in which Britt was wide open for a quick easy first and he just panicked and never looked his way.

By the way, can't we sign a run stopper? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Casey must still be injured cause hes barely visible out there. Our d-line push has been quiet at best. Don't get me wrong, we did get 4 sacks and we did look agressive on some tackles, but we didnt get CONSISTENT push, which enables rivers to have plenty of time for medium passes which killed us. And refs are not calling a damn thing, there were at least 2 holdings by the chargers that were not called and they also forgot about the running into the punter. There must have been a lot more but those 3 come to mind.

And what the hell is going on with DR on kickoff returns? hes lacking his spark...takes a long time to make a decision and runs as if hes jogging...GO STRONG DUDE!

The titans are not using Cook like they should...hes kinda stiff on short routes as he has just started his momentum, they need to hit him in stride in order to be a mismatch.

Only thing i enjoy is watching guys like ayers, brown and witherspoon being sent to blitz because they are good at it and they can actually cause turnovers.

Lets hope we wake the **** up or we'll start 0-4.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

umm, why was he back-peddling?

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Huh??

I'd say we do the opposite way too often.

Drafting some goof that sucked or can't play the position and hope for the best... that's kind of our thing, actually.

5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Ball was perfect if Taylor kept running. He stopped just as Locker let it fly

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Because by the time the ball was in the air, he misjudged it... thought he could just take a few steps back and make the catch...

It's a lot easier making the catch out in front of your body rather than over your shoulder.

I can't complain about a rookie yet. He's certainly not our Gronk. The comparisons were ridiculous from the beginning.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Yeah. He was clearly drafted as a ST player, who if lucky can contribute a bit on offense. He knows how to tackle and block.. they meant for him to be a special teams player, with anything else being a bonus.

8. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

People thought he was developmental. I expect more next year.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Really, when? I never remember someone complaining because someone won't change a position, or that we should trade up to draft players to play a position they don't play. Actually remember the opposite. Refresh my memory.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Are people really b*tching about a DE dropping a pass? Don't we have some 100 other things to complain about?

Seriously, if you were ever counting on Thompson to make a play, you made a boo-boo doing that.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar