Taylor Mays

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 24, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Tayloar Mays, the defensive version of Chris Henry?

2. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Hardly, a 4 year starter at one of the most successful football factories in America. He would've been a top 10 pick if he came out last year.

3. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

4 year starter

If he came out last year; he would have definitely been a top 10 pick.
    I find it ironic; if a player comes out early you hear some people grumble, 'well I guess his degree wasn't important to him' or 'that schmuck left the program early, he'll never succeed'.
    If a player stays though; he subjects his game to extra scrutiny. I'm competitive as heck but I if I'm honest and I put myself in Taylor Mays shoes; I would have come out last year while my stock was high. No place to go except down. Throw that in with the fact that I'm young and there is millions of dollars at stake; I think I might have played a little bit more cautiously my senior year and definitely the risk of injury would be on my mind. From what I saw he still played balls out without regard for his body. If I'm a coach; I want that kid on my team.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I like this idea. Bring in a guy like Leigh Bodden at CB, then we can take a risk on a guy like Mays. He's definitely a big, physical guy, with some nice speed, played at a very high level at one of the best schools in the land, and can really lay some people out.

Someone mentioned Blaine Bishop, the thought of him being in that category makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I really think he might be our guy @ #16 come draft day.

5. Pjames32

Pjames32 Starter

Looking at Mays' size and watching him run he looks like the prototype safety. But actually watching him on the field, I just don't think he is that great of a football player right now. He obviously has huge potential and with the right coaching he could be something special, but I just think he is too big of a question mark to be a first round pick right now. His production wasn't that great either. 2 interceptions in the past 3 years playing for one of the best defenses in the nation? That doesn't scream playmaker. If we had a second round pick and he was there I would definitely take him in round two though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. 24

24 Starter

Pursuit skills? His problem is in coverage. Lots of people have been saying he just looks for the big hit, but I just think he's slow to react in the secondary. That's why I think he would be better suited to play LB.

I will say this though, for someone who's only role was to prevent the big play, he did very well. He might not have the interceptions, but that's probably because no one ever threw his way.

7. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

In a cover 2 scheme he will be horrible. If he goes to a 3-4 team he will be great. He will be the prevent safety who plays center field and prevents the big play.

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Like Ed Reed does in Baltimore

9. Woy

Woy PA's finest.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/taylor--mays?id=494283#tabs:tab-analysis

Pursuit angles in coverage was what I was getting at. I'm not saying that I don't want him as a Titan, but if we take him over guys like Brandon Graham then I'll be angry.

If Graham and the other elite DEs are gone, then sure bring Mays in. Make him a linebacker though, because he's not a safety on the next level IMO.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I don't know what Taylor Mays you were watching last season...I watched him play a few times last season, and I saw him in person at Notre Dame. The dude ran down WR Robby Parris from 30 yards away...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBA_sYH4FHw

Thats Pursuit^^ at its finest

Hes the fastest guy on the field for the Trojans, and has a Sean Taylor human missile like body that he isn't afraid to use..

absolute stud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar