Tank's Future...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Record, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Take it for what you will. This is from footballsfuture.com
    http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/freeagentsDB2.html

5. Tank Williams, S, Tennessee Titans [78 tackles, 1 INT]

Williams moves to the top of a solid if unspectacular group of remaining free agents. An excellent athlete, Williams has become a solid contributer over the years despite the deterioration of the Titans on the field. Not much of a ball hawk, Williams is an excellent tackler and reads plays well, always there to meet a ball carrier once he reaches his particular zone. The antithesis of Archuleta, Williams is more cereberal and caluclating, lining up big hits rather than seeking them out. He would be a calming presence in a young secondary, and less expensive than the flashier Archuleta, while offering the bonus of being three years younger.

GOOD FITS: Oakland, NY Jets, New Orleans

EARLY PICK: The Raiders currently have terrible cap problems, but releasing Woodson and some other veterans may give Al Davis enough room to bring in a player such as Williams. A former Stanford player, he would bring a veteran presence to an extremely young secondary. If the money isnt there, teams like the Jets or the Saints may prove to be a better alternative. New Orleans especially as Williams is a Gulfport, MS native. In the end, Tennessee will be as active in signing Williams as any other team, and will likely be in the bidding with Oakland and New Orleans to the very end.

2. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

Ha! What zone? The Endzone

3. They must be working off his draft profile and ignoring his NFL career...

If Tank is the best free agent safety, then it's going to be a sad year for free agent safeties.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

The final episode of Titans All Access said of the 6 main free agents in the offseason, not all would be able to return. Reese confirmed that. He said we'll keep who we can, but we know we'll have to let some people go. Tank was one of the people mentioned, along with KVB, Billy, and Hartwig. They stopped short of naming all 6. I was thinking maybe Hopkins and a guard as well, though I forget who of those is a FA.

5. Volek isn't a free agent. And Hartwig is the only free agent OLineman (though Hopkins and Olson are on the chopping block).

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Ahh crap, I shouldn't have deleted it from the DVR.

Okay, let's see...it was KVB, Hartwig, Tank and Kassell, I believe. I think that's right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar