Tank the season, take Luck next year

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by nouveaux, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

It's an even dumber idea in the NBA because of the lottery.

If we just flat out suck and it comes down to the team losing the last game of the season to get the first pick, I wouldn't be too terribly upset. Hell, you could make the argument we did it this year when Collins fumbled the snap against the Colts.

But to tank the entire season? I would be ready to get rid of every guy on the team, coaches included, if that were the case. As a competitor I just can't see 53 guys as a whole going out and losing intentionally 16 weeks in a row. There are some guys with talent on this team, and most of them get bonuses for playing well, that alone would be motivation enough.

2. 24

24 Starter

I'm not condoning it, I'm just stating the facts. I've already said, even if we don't get the top pick, there are two other QBs worthy of the "franchise" label. There's really no need to tank.

3. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I really doubt we would even have to try to tank the season. We've got a new coaching staff, new offensive system, no QB, and no time thanks to the lock out. We are going to suck this year. How bad we suck? I don't know, but we will suck.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Planning to lose is dumber than signing Donie Nickey to an extension.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The lockout is over (sort of) tomorrow and there will be a new QB on the roster. No need to give up on the season at this point.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Until we lose 8 games, we're in it just like everyone.

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Ridiculous to even suggest it. Luck could get hurt or have a season that doesn't matche his billing. Look at Locker, if he would have come out last year, he would have been the top QB taken and maybe #1 over all.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

You don't ever tank a season. What happens when Luck decides he wants to come back for his senior year? Or has a rough junior year and falls... (like Locker). It's just a stupid idea.

[​IMG]
    YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!

9. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Cowboys did it too, JJ wouldn't let his free agent pickups play, so that he would get more draft picks.

10. gran54

gran54 Starter

Take best defensive player available in the 1st and either trade back in or take a QB in the 2nd. If that QB does not work out for us and if and ONLY if we have a bad season and we are in the position to take Andrew Luck next year should we do that. Never "throw" games or give up....... These guys love the game and that's the reason they're in the league. They've worked their tales off since they started football. I could never see and owner or coach lose games on purpose and there's NO way these players ever would.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar