Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Tamales

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chapparal97, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Moolah:
    $71
    N-Ville locals.......I have a silly question..........

I have a hankering for real Tamales. Not the mass produced junk they serve here, but the stuff that your Abuela (Grandma) would make during the holidays. Now, I'm from SoCal, so I grew up on good, authentic tamales but have not been able to find any good ones here. Especially on the East side of town (hermitage, Mt Juliet).

Does anyone have a recommendation where I can find the real deal by the dozen? Mercados, restaurants, etc......let's say within 20 miles.

Any help? Thanks
  2. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0
    Sorry, my Abuela made fried chicken.
  3. Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Moolah:
    $71
    Mine did too, but one of my best buddy's grandma and my ex-Mother in Law made them killer from scratch. Homemade Tamales are awesome!
  4. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0
    Yep, I agree with you there. I just don't have anyone in my family that can make them, and I don't know of anywhere in Nashville. I have several mexican restaurants in town that I enjoy, but I wouldn't call any of them authentic, or even really close to it.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,916
    Cinco De Mayo has the most awesome-est salsa in 12 counties. Chances are they have good tamales as well..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.