Talk Defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm less worried about our personnel than I am about having a new Defensive Coordinator, new "hybrid" scheme, and a lockout-late start to implement it all. A lot depends on how fervent our D works. I expect we will have several break downs the first few games but start getting better as players get better at executing it.

I don't mind a few errors due to new scheme. It certainly won't be as frustrating as watching Cecil flail on his calls and the past coaches unwillingness to make adjustments.

2. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I agree Riverman. I also think we utilize pre-season games differently than in the past, mostly getting players acclimated with the new systems.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well by middle-of-the-road I mean somewhere in the late teens/early 20s rankings.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'd agree about adjustments.

What would make me most happy is seeing one of our younger players look legit and like they could become elite for a lengthy period... D.Morgan, Ayers. Or even Griffin taking that next step to Top5. The more the better.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

A warning to Peyton, Schaub and whoever the hell ends up QBing The Jags: " I will eat your fingers, dipped in horseradish then bite your neck off"

[​IMG]

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If we don't have 15 third-down neutral zone penalties in the first game I think it will be a marked improvement.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We'll be better than many think. I guarantee we'll be a top 30 defense lol..

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

remember there is always Hope, apparently there is just no way of not haveing Hope so 31-32 is doable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar