Talk begins on a Vince "sophomore slump"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i wasnt trying to say we cant when even if Vince Young wasnt putting up great numbers, but you cant slump much from last season, the only stat the madden curse or sophmore slump really could hurt would be Win %.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You mean, when Eddie George carried the team?

3. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

So Vince has to face a sophomore slump, defenses now knowing how to defend him and the Madden Curse all in the same season?

We'll see if he truly is superman

4. DannyPitts

DannyPitts "Put a Sock in It" champ

i learned in elementary school that when you multiply 2 negatives together, you get a positive.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

There are a lot of IFs. If he'd been given credit for a passing TD when he was trapped and tossed it forward to scaife, his passer rating would improve. If Fisher hadn't told him to just throw it up and see if one of our guys could get it on the last play of the first half of the first Indy game, his passer rating would improve. If he'd played more in the first three games, he probably would have improved more. If Dallas hadn't been his first game, he wouldn't have had as many turnovers...

You can look at it any way you want to, but he did what he did. At this point, I don't care what his passer rating was his rookie year, and I'm not concerned about it for his sophomore year. He helps this team win games. He makes a big difference, I don't think anyone on the board will argue that point. I want to see his passing improve, but I don't care if he never has a game with a passer rating above 90.

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

if he woulda been awarded that TD, his rating wouldnt have gone up that much, and if he played the first 3 games, i think he would of been worse off.

would of done ok against the Jets, maybe resulting in a W, ok agaisnt the Dolphins, most likely resulting in a W, but woulda got smashed hard agaisnt the Chargers.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

No. I mean when the team had playmakers. Not stat accumulaters. Vince Young is a playmaker.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think despite the lack of a passing game,Vince's running does open up the running game. Since college is the best example, you only need to look at Oklahoma, or Texas, or any other running team like Nebraska to so see how and why. They all lack a passing game too. You have to account for one extra rb, and that opens up the field for everyone. McNair is the best example of this in the nfl. He couldn't complete a pass over 50 yards either for many years. Yet, we rushed for over 2,000 yards in 2000 and had one fierce running game for years. It may not make sense, but it happens, a lot, especially in the ncaa. When McNair was MVP and throwing downfield we were averaging less yards per carry on the ground. And all players were the same. The evidence is in our history.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm just saying that you can play the "if" game both ways. Those were all things that would have improved his passer rating.

My point about playing in the first three games was also that he would have been better by the end of the year and his passer rating should have improved.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

exactly. All Titans suck until they sign with other teams then they are all undiscovered all-pros finally getting a chance ..... blah blah blah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar