Tales from Mini-Camp

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Mrs, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

That is so wrong on so many levels.. LMFAO

[​IMG]

T Rac wants some Adrian McPherson

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I think the reasons we moved Griffin to CB this season are it is competition at the position. Let everyone earn a spot not just assume and the team hopes for the return of Pacman either late this season or next. We do not want to go out and get a big name CB at this point because next season we would be over loaded at the position and heavily vested in our pickups this season for at least one of the guys who will not play a majority of the downs.

Next season I am pretty sure you will see Griffin back at the S position unless he proves to be a really solid CB. Finn is our NB. Our DC used him pretty well in special packages that blitzed him and he was a solid tackler when he was on the field.

That puts your 08 Titans with Pacman/Harper & Griffin/Hope as our secondary. If Griffin is all we hope he will be you could be looking at a top 5 secondary, IMO. Plus you have Hill and Finn for depth.

I in no way think we are giving up on this season but we realize that losing our best player on special teams and on our defense will have an effect but only a short term one.

3. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

I can't figure out why he wanted to spend a first round pick on a guy whom he planned to teach a whole new position. I will never get it. Why not just take Aaron Ross?

Anyways, I'm waiting to see what they plan on doing at receiver if B. Jones really is struggling. I don't think Keyshawn is the answer to our problems. We need to get a young guy in here with the talent to be our number one of the future. And I have no idea whats going on with the defensive line. Anything on how our picks are doing?

4. i kno he wont be starting over griffin, but i think we would be better served moving griffin back to safety and finnegan at cb where he is always on the field instead of nb

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I agree.

Though nickleback is on the field a lot, almost a starter.

6. isnt it on the field like 50% and same with the mlb??? but after what i saw against the eagles i just think hes special

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

wouldn't know the stat but it is a lot.

8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

It's because they don't want somebody who will play corner the rest of their career. They just wanted someone who could play corner until Pac returns, and then move him to another need area. Enter Michael Griffin. They believed that not only was he a great safety, but that he had the hips and the speed to play corner too. So he's going to play corner until Pac is back, and then he'll be playing safety for the next ten years.

At least that's what I hope. :))

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

because his name is Michael....

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

which i think is true...and also B.S. i thinik we drafted a safty and should really really use him there...w/ hope...y we always messin things up...the pac will be back let som1 (finnagan) stand in for him till he comes back. face it....

REGARDLESS...THE REAL QUESTION IS: if griffen starts at CB when pac comes back what will happen...will griffen be benhed or moved to safty? if he's moved to safty than i will be pretty happy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar